Direct Dial Folder

santoro1200

Reaction score
Is there a way to add the "direct dial" and "direct message" short cut icons on the home screen? the whole folders, not just a individuel name and number in that folder..

Stigy

Reaction score
What would these folders contain?

You can create a plain "New Folder" and put direct dial and direct message shortcuts IN that folder.

For example create a "Family" folder and place direct dial and direct message shortcuts to the members of your family.

Is this what you are asking? Sorry if I am misinterpreting your question.

andjarnic

Reaction score
How do you create a Family folder? I asked this on a new thread as well..I can't seem to provide a name, or rename a folder in any way. I hold the home screen, New Folder and it puts a folder called Folder on my home screen. I see no way to edit the name of it. :(

OP
S

santoro1200

Reaction score
Thanks stigy, that will work.. but i would still have to put each contact individually in the new folder, right? i cant add the whole direct dial folder in one shot?

Stigy

Reaction score
Sorry, but what is this "Direct Dial" folder you speak of?

The only folder options I have are: FOlder, All Contacts, BT Received, Contacts w/ Phone #'s, Facebook Phonebook, My Stations, Starred Contacts

OP
S

santoro1200

Reaction score
Im sorry.. You have been a great help.. I meant if you hold down the screen, go to short cuts then youll see direct dial.. cant i select all my contacts at once to go in my new folder i made on my home screen? sorry i suck at explaing this stuff

Stigy

Reaction score
Oh I believe you need to do direct dial contacts one at a time into that folder. I don't think there is a way to do multiple direct dial contacts at once.

OP
S

santoro1200

Reaction score
Thanks again...Hey one more thing..lol when a picture stores goes in "camera pictures" and "camera media".. does that mean its being stored on both the phones memory and sd card?? and if its does get stored on phone memory .. how do you only store on sd card?

Stigy

Reaction score
I believe ALL pictures are stored onto the SD card.

If you remove the SD card and try to take a picture it alerts you to put in an SD card to use the camera, well at least it did on my G1.

Camera pictures = pictures taken with camera
Camera media = both pictures + video taken with camera

OP
S

santoro1200

Reaction score
Wow dude (assuming your a dude) lol.. You have been a great help..100 times better then the verizon techs that know ****!

Stigy

Reaction score
No problem -- I have had a G1 since last October so I know the Android operating system pretty well. I feel I should give back after all that was given to me on other forums.

BTW yes I am a dude. :icon_ banana: