Dinc Calendar Options

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Being a former BlackBerry user, I am incredibly let down by the droid incredible calendar...

It says my only option is the Htc Google calendar, so that is what I'm using.

However, both the blackberry and Google Calendar online have tons of features, the most important to me were when making reoccurring events, it allowed you to select several days to repeat weekly for that event.

Ex. BB/GoogleCal: Making an event that happens every monday and wednesday, you can select 'weekly' and then check boxes for which days of the week you want it to repeat on.

HTC google calendar on Dinc: I have to make two totally separate events, one for the event repeating on mondays, and one for the same event but repeating on wednesdays. There is only a 'weekly' option that allows you to repeat it on one day and one day only every week.

Another feature of the BB/Google calendars what that you could set the expiration date of reoccurring events. The HTC Google calendar does not allow you to set a date these events will stop repeating.

I desperately need to find a calendar that is more intuitive (aka not as hurrdurr) than the htc google calendar, as the calendar is what I rely on my phone for most heavily. It is essential for planning both my work and school schedules, and I am willing to shell out a few bucks for an app if there is truly a good one out there.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

Haley

E

Emtronics

Maybe I am reading you wrong, but when I set up something re-occurring, I do it online (on my computer) and it's synced to my Dinc. No problem.

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Events Created From Mobile Device Causeing Unwanted Guest Lists in GCal

Re: there are times when I can't get to a computer and it is most helpful for me to be able to enter the event from my phone, and rather than having to do it twice or wait until I am at a computer and possibly forget, I would prefer to find a better solution.

Additional Issues:
I was just on my google calendar online (computer) today for the first time in a while, and realized that all the events I had added from my phone had a weird question mark icon before the name. When I opened the events, there were guest lists and I had to confirm that I was going to my own event!

After searching online I've found this is a problem many people are having when accessing group calendars from work, but few people had posted yet about issues between a mobile device.

Has anyone had this issue and found a way to create events from your phone so that google recognizes you're the same person and not a guest on the account, therefore enacting a guest list when you go to Gcal on the computer? I am the same person, just using different devices but am signed into the same account. We should not be having such an issue....