Trouble Deleting Repeating Events from Phone Calender

Interpreter2

Reaction score
I am having trouble deleting repeating events from the Droid calendar (sync'd to my Google calender). I tend to create many events that repeat (mostly daily) and some are at specific times, others are all day events.
When I try to delete the event, I wish to delete ONLY the one instance. For example, if I have "Lunch" at 12-1pm daily, and it is Thursday, I ask the phone to delete Lunch 12-1pm for Thurs only. It doesn't delete, but continues to be there on my phone. If I change the event to a different time, I can delete the event for that day, but the repeating event shows back up on that day. Strange.

I have NO problem deleting things from the Google calendar when I get online. I have also tried creating events both on my phone, and online on the calendar, but it makes no difference...I have the same problem no matter where I created it.
Single events I have NO problem deleting,...it's the repeating ones that won't delete.

Any help is appreciated!
Interpreter2
PS-Am loving my Droid!

dmwiecz

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and just posted a similiar question elsewhere. Did you ever figure this out?

OP
I

Interpreter2

Reaction score
Hello...sorry you are having the same problem!
The only thing I can figure is that any repeating events are not able to be deleted from the Google Calender ON my Droid, that it's just not supported for some reason. I hate it, cuz I always have to get on my computer to edit my calender. I have no problem deleting non-repeating events, but I do a LOT of repeating events, so it defeats the purpose of having a calender on my phone. I had a Treo 755p before this, and did everything on my phone calender with no problems. Now, I rely more on Gtasks since I can change/edit/delete things from it directly on my Droid.
I really wish someone would tell me exactly why it is impossible to delete repeating events. Perhaps someone will answer so we can figure this out!

shrivera

Reaction score
Deleting single calendar entries from corporate calendar

How do you delete a single entry from the corporate calendar? I have tried opening the entry, then going to menu but no options to delete. I have also tried just hi-lighting the entry then going to menu but still no option to delete. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks, shrivera

OP
I

Interpreter2

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can answer you about the corporate calender. I do not use that, so I can't help you. I am only using regular Google Calender.
-Suzie

visitgrayling

Reaction score
Weird. All of a sudden I can't delete repeating calendar entries on my phone's calendar either. What gives?