Differences between 606 and 607

jb0072011

Reaction score
OK so I I the rooted 606 GB from TBH installed. It works great, at least twice the battery life as b4 and no loss of UMTS/GSM signal. However I do have some quirks with the back lighting on the home, settings etc as others have reported (seems to be a light sensor issue because if in a real dark place the lights do come on, it is in the gray area that they do not). Same with the keyboard backlight. I also have had once a black screen after unlocking (as others have said) and that I believe is due to using launcher pro because it never happens on the stock blur. I dont want to SBF back to 330 and loose all my data and have to reinstall my programs. Does team BH plan on some update to 607 that will be like the 606? Is it even worth bothering to go from 606 to 607? Do they have the same kernal and baseband?

satoru

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think that 606 is the leak/prerooted and 607 is the tbh leak from the soak test?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ExodusC

Reaction score
I can confirm that sometimes on unlock (generally when unlocking in landscape), I get a black screen, with the exception of my status bar and dock. I believe it's a LauncherPro issue, though.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
differences I've found with .607:

battery life sucks compared to .606 (atleast it did yesterday)
random reboots started back

Wasnt having any problems with .606. I'll give it another day to make sure it keeps doing that...

jdjbmedina

Reaction score
I have not had any issues with either. Although I think battery life was better on 606. No random reboots and no screen timeout issues.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL gingerbread rooted.

rusty815

Reaction score
i actually had random reboots on .606, now on .607 i dont have any, and battery life seems the same to me, i get about 30 hours average on both versions, not as good as i was having on froyo (2 days average) but its still more than good enough.

silver6054

Reaction score
OK so I I the rooted 606 GB from TBH installed. It works great, at least twice the battery life as b4 and no loss of UMTS/GSM signal. However I do have some quirks with the back lighting on the home, settings etc as others have reported (seems to be a light sensor issue because if in a real dark place the lights do come on, it is in the gray area that they do not). Same with the keyboard backlight. I also have had once a black screen after unlocking (as others have said) and that I believe is due to using launcher pro because it never happens on the stock blur. I dont want to SBF back to 330 and loose all my data and have to reinstall my programs. Does team BH plan on some update to 607 that will be like the 606? Is it even worth bothering to go from 606 to 607? Do they have the same kernal and baseband?
Others have answered the major questions, but: if you have root on 606, why not use TB Pro to back up your applications with their data? That's what I did for going from Froyo to 606. Once you have rooted 607, then run TB Pro to restore all the apps along with data. Very quick.