difference between unlimited data and web/email?

soyboy

Reaction score
bgreen.....I went through the same thing when I purchased the droid, it is very confusing the way Verizon has it advertised on their site. To me it makes it sound like you need both the data plan and the email plan if you want both of those things, but in reality most folks only need the $30 data plan. You only need the extra email plan if you want to sync with a corporate exchange server. They should call the $15 plan corporate exchange plan or something like that and the other plan data/email or such.

bllarkin

Reaction score
bgreen.....I went through the same thing when I purchased the droid, it is very confusing the way Verizon has it advertised on their site. To me it makes it sound like you need both the data plan and the email plan if you want both of those things, but in reality most folks only need the $30 data plan. You only need the extra email plan if you want to sync with a corporate exchange server. They should call the $15 plan corporate exchange plan or something like that and the other plan data/email or such.

This is a misconception. You DO NOT need the higher plan to sync with exchange, that only applies to Blackberry devices. For the Droid (and all other smartphones besides Blackberries), you need only to $30 data plan for everything. I use my Droid daily (as well as 5-6 people I work with) on an Exchange server.

Laurence5905

Reaction score

This is a misconception. You DO NOT need the higher plan to sync with exchange, that only applies to Blackberry devices. For the Droid (and all other smartphones besides Blackberries), you need only to $30 data plan for everything. I use my Droid daily (as well as 5-6 people I work with) on an Exchange server.

Is it the Enterprise Edition of Exchange Server? Or just the regular one? Because (supposedly) you need the $45 plan to work with Enterprise Exchange, but not with regular Exchange. At least, this is the way I understood it to be.

Mostly, your small to mid-sized companies are going to be using the regular Exchange, and the Enterprise Edition will be found in very large companies (think Fortune 500.) So unless you work for a Fortune 500 company, you're probably good with the $30 plan.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Is it the Enterprise Edition of Exchange Server? Or just the regular one? Because (supposedly) you need the extra $15 plan to work with Enterprise Exchange, but not with regular Exchange. At least, this is the way I understood it to be.

Mostly, your small to mid-sized companies are going to be using the regular Exchange, and the Enterprise Edition will be found in very large companies (think Fortune 500.)

I'll have to check what we use at work....3000+ emails in my GAL...

bllarkin

Reaction score

Is it the Enterprise Edition of Exchange Server? Or just the regular one? Because (supposedly) you need the $45 plan to work with Enterprise Exchange, but not with regular Exchange. At least, this is the way I understood it to be.

Mostly, your small to mid-sized companies are going to be using the regular Exchange, and the Enterprise Edition will be found in very large companies (think Fortune 500.) So unless you work for a Fortune 500 company, you're probably good with the $30 plan.

We use enterprise-level Exchange and I haven't had any issues. The issues people have had are that they can't sync to and Exchange server with certain policies set (as the Droid doesn't support all of the policies). That has to do with the OS, though, not the plan.