Did anyone else have LG view talk randomly uninstall today?

NWRULES

Reaction score
So, I looked at my phone today to see that view talk was randomly uninstalling by itself. Huh? I went on the play store and it said that view talk has to be uninstalled by July 1st? Bizarre. Anyone know why this is?

acejavelin

Reaction score
So, I looked at my phone today to see that view talk was randomly uninstalling by itself. Huh? I went on the play store and it said that view talk has to be uninstalled by July 1st? Bizarre. Anyone know why this is?
They shut down the service... very abruptly and with no explanation. One more reason to make sure auto update apps is OFF in the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
They shut down the service... very abruptly and with no explanation. One more reason to make sure auto update apps is OFF in the Play Store.

Seriously. Turning it off now. Wonder why they would just shut it down like that? Some kind of infringement on a patent or something? Or?....... Super curious

acejavelin

Reaction score
Seriously. Turning it off now. Wonder why they would just shut it down like that? Some kind of infringement on a patent or something? Or?....... Super curious
Unknown, but I would imagine we will hear something soon. Keep an eye on the regular android news outlets, I'm sure we will find out.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I didn't even know what that was. I was like, WTH is that?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I never used it to begin with and usually removed it from the ROMs I flash before flashing but forgot to this time and noticed it uninstalling. I was like cool.. So they can UNINSTALL bloatware but we can't.

Actually Google can uninstall whatever it feels fit to at any time it likes. Since VuTalk **** down they probably greenlighted Google to do a mass removal....or something like that.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I usually delete the apks from the ROMs before flashing but I forgot this time and noticed this...was interesting that bloat can be taken off except by us.

Actually Google can uninstall anything they wish at any time whenever they want. VuTalk probably gave em the greenlight to do so since they no longer were providing the service (so having old working apks wouldn't doich good anyways since the service is dead or so I hear...)..

I've never used it so honestly I have no idea what it is lol but still

hnoor0077

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
I went on the play store and it said that view talk has to be uninstalled by July 1st?????