Dic2 texting problem sluggish

sweenbeen

Reaction score
So I looked through all the dic2 threads and could not find an aanswer to my problem...

When opening my (stock) text messaging app it is extremely slow...it takes a moment for all the text threads to show. Additionally, when I open any thread in particular it is also extremely slow and takes a moment to load.

This is not it...when I respond to any text message I get a message with a cogwheel with "loading " pop up...this can take up to 10 or so seconds...not exactly sure what the deal is...

To answer your pending questions :
-Yes it is the stock messaging app
-No I am not rooted
-Yes I have a lot of texts in each thread (varying from 400-2k)
-Yes I did attempt deleting a great majority of the messages in each thread and yes it is still laggy
-I used to used handcent and some other text apps...and I did not like them so I prefer to stay stock

So if anyone can give me some insight as to why this is happening and how I can fix it (short of hardreset) it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Droid Forums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Delete all of your old messages then go to settings and place a check in the box for delete old messages as needed. Easiest way to do it is to go to manage apps and clear data: menu > settings > applications > manage applications > all (tab at top). Now scroll down to messaging and select it. Tap on delete cache first then delete data. After that tap on home and then open the messaging app. Tap menu, settings then look for the delete old option. Guarantee that will speed you up.

This post is Incredible 2