Dialing problem with Droid 2

director

Reaction score
In my contacts, I place notes after the number eg after an office number, I put ext 2. Droid 2 will convert the ext 2 to numbers but will not call out if there are more than 10 numbers. Help!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Sorry to say I have never added an extension to a contact before, hopefully someone will come along who has a better idea how to do it for you.

OP
D

director

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Sorry to say I have never added an extension to a contact before, hopefully someone will come along who has a better idea how to do it for you.
The problem calling is partially solved by putting a comma after the number. Then it dials out even if there are more numbers or text.
However with the comma, I cannot text to that person. I get a message I need a valid number. Does anyone have a solution!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The problem calling is partially solved by putting a comma after the number. Then it dials out even if there are more numbers or text.
However with the comma, I cannot text to that person. I get a message I need a valid number. Does anyone have a solution!!

Maybe try doing a separate entry for them. One to call that has the comma, and one without the comma intended for text. Just a thought, not sure how practical it would be.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard :)