Dialer delay!

iRenegade

Reaction score
I've had this issue for a couple of months now and haven't been able to figure the cause or the fix. Perhaps I dropped my TB too many time?
Sometimes when I try to dial out, there is a minute to 3 minute delay in dialing. I would get frustrated and hit the button again and after a couple of minutes the phone would dial the number or person 2 times.
Stock, stock dialer, and I've tried the battery pull and restart. I've never wiped the phone. I don't have the random restart issue, but do have that damn short battery life.
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

OP
I

iRenegade

Reaction score
Anyone have any fixes? It's been a while now.
Thanks!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You can clear data and cache for Phone in the application manager. If that doesn't do it boot into recovery and clear cache there. If no help there back up everything on the phone and try a FDR.

Flung from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

OP
I

iRenegade

Reaction score
Thanks but I've tried all the suggestions I've come across hitting trying to avoid a reset. I may just have to do that rest

OP
I

iRenegade

Reaction score
Follow-up!!! MY TB is not rooted.
I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. I started last night and it took me a while to get everything back. I lost a some text messages. You just have to keep checking, I had to manually reboot once or twice during the process. mybackup pro made things incredibly easy and practically all my settings and apps came back. The TB is flying now, with no lag whatsoever. Ram use seemed to be the major culprit. Let's see how long this lasts. There was a bit of rummaging around to get swype back, other than that most everything seems to be restored. A couple of settings, widgets and app shortcuts needed to be put back manually. There was a couple of great tutorials I found via google, but it's pretty straight forward. I would say I'm happy with ICS now that I did the reset!!!

james husby

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid 3
So, I don't know if this could be the same problem I am having and I know this thread is a little old... I have a moto droid 3 with 30 second to 3 minute itermittent dialer lag. I uninstalled google play services and all the delay disappeared immediately. The phone is complaining constantly that this app is gone, but at least I can make calls. If folks are still having dialer issues you might try removing this to see if it helps.

Nemmi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola DroidX
So, I don't know if this could be the same problem I am having and I know this thread is a little old... I have a moto droid 3 with 30 second to 3 minute itermittent dialer lag. I uninstalled google play services and all the delay disappeared immediately. The phone is complaining constantly that this app is gone, but at least I can make calls. If folks are still having dialer issues you might try removing this to see if it helps.

Thanks, James husby! This advice worked for me. I deleted Google Play Store, and my calls are going through right after I dial them! I hope it keeps up.