Dialer app "ATAKEPHONE" it will change the way you use your phone to make calls!

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here ya go :D i could have took more but i figured this was enough

snap20100502_130045.png
snap20100502_130053.png
snap20100502_130112.png
snap20100502_133517.png
snap20100502_133525.png

alwerner

Reaction score
I will have to take a look at it (again). I used to use it all the time on my Palm Centro. It was such an improvement over the Palm Dialer and worked great with LD calling numbers.

cpjr

Reaction score
If it had an actual contacts tab I would love it.....and Im not real big on T9 input, kinda makes me think 10 years ago...thats just me.

sam5828

Reaction score
It's expensive - why would I buy something that I can't play with for a week. Make a light version or one that expires.
you can just go to the developers site and download it there for free

Dankinia

Reaction score
Wicked fast & easy access to all your favorites, call-log and even a dial-by-photo feature! i was using dialer one and didn't think any app could possibly trump that one. boy was i wrong.

I used to use this all the time on my Treo and Centro phones and I loved it. I will have to check it out for my Droid.

It's expensive - why would I buy something that I can't play with for a week. Make a light version or one that expires.

If you go to the developers site, you can download a 30 day trial for free. The website is ShSh Software

Billyd

Reaction score
Looks very nice and I personally like the larger layout for dialing.
Only time will tell. ')

Thanks
X/BillyD..

ps, the gif in your sig was wearing me out as I was reading the post. So anl as I am I just had to give it a little tempo. <g>

Corinacakes_sigpic5472_7b.gif

mobetter IMHO.. ')
Many thanks

griz8791

Reaction score
I've been using this for a couple days and think it has a lot of potential:

*The dialing screen is more functional than the stock phone app -- from the dialing screen the following are only one touch away: last call, any "favorites" that have images associated with them; T9 search for contacts. Additionally, it has the same links to "call log" and "favorites" as the stock app.

*One-touch speed dialing of favorites based on their numerical position in the group of favorites. Since I started reading these forums in November there have been many threads from new users asking how to do a straight-up long-press numerical speed dial like they had on their old phone. This app does that.

*Re the post above about not having a "contacts" tab -- for some people, including me, the T9 contact search is quicker. With the stock contacts tab you have to scroll. I often mistakenly scroll past where I want to stop and then I end up scrolling up and down. This OS's insistence on sorting contacts by first name complicates the situation. Typically just three taps on the T9 keyboard brings up the contact I'm looking for.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

shiccy

Reaction score
Wow 3#'s??! That's a lot of dough for an app that might suck... I know you guys like it and all, but that's a bit excessive. Also for us that live in the US, we have money exchange rates and other related fees b/c of the currency differences, so that app will cost approx $10USD... Not that important for me.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow 3#'s??! That's a lot of dough for an app that might suck... I know you guys like it and all, but that's a bit excessive. Also for us that live in the US, we have money exchange rates and other related fees b/c of the currency differences, so that app will cost approx $10USD... Not that important for me.

You have 24 hours to try it and get a refund; don't forget that. And at the current exchange rate it would be $4.46717. Cheaper than most hamburgers.

Last edited:

griz8791

Reaction score

It was $4.56 U.S. My bank hit me for an additional $0.14 "international purchase transaction fee." Still less than a 6-pack of beer that doesn't suck.

Last edited:

bryant_16

Reaction score
Actually DialerOne works very much the same and is more light-weight I feel.