Dial Pad Time Out Too Short

poz3614

Reaction score
This drive me nuts. When I attempt to enter my password to access my voice mail the dial pad times out before I can enter the last of my four digits.

ejive

Reaction score
Happens on Droid-X too

Not only am I experiencing the same thing on my new Droid-X, but when the dialpad is open for a second or two, it is difficult to get any response to number presses! The dialpad function is practically useless, which makes it nearly impossible to follow any automated response system which requires keyed responses.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Try holding the phone by the sides. It sounds like you may have your finger over the proximity sensor.

OP
P

poz3614

Reaction score
Position and movements affect time out

I've noticed that if I hold the phone very still and avoid any rotation the dial pad will stay on. I also noticed that if I turn it 90 deg. before touching dial pad that it seems to be less sensitive to movements.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Try holding the phone by the sides. It sounds like you may have your finger over the proximity sensor.

Uhmmm, this isn't an iPhone 4 :) You're kidding, right?

Nope. Not kidding.
If your finger is over the proximity sensor the phone will think you have it to your ear and turn off the dial pad. Just try holding it by the sides and see if that clears up the issue.

jksellman

Reaction score
The proximity sensor is TOOOOOO sensitive........and not adjustable?