dial pad issue

apathetican

Reaction score
I have noticed recently that while in a phone call if I need to access the dial pad I have to hit the key 3 times to get it to open. I also notice that after hitting the dial pad key the first time three blue areas appear at the very bottom of the screen. Has anybody else experienced this?

I haven't. I just called my office number from my phone and the first time I hit the dial pad button it opened right up. Once opened, there was a blue line underneath the dial pad button, I guess to let you know it's open. That might be why you see the blue areas. Have you tried a phone cache clear & re-boot? If that does not resolve it, you could try Settings > Apps > scroll over to ALL > scroll down & select Phone > then select Clear Cache to clear out the phone app cache.

I have noticed recently that while in a phone call if I need to access the dial pad I have to hit the key 3 times to get it to open. I also notice that after hitting the dial pad key the first time three blue areas appear at the very bottom of the screen. Has anybody else experienced this?
Yes.. I got this issue with the last update.. I tried a factory reset.. No improvement.. I noticed that if i called (for instsnce) verizon.. After the the click to call... The dial pad would disappear.. And i had to tap a few times to get it to come up.. Afiak there's not a fix..

I can also say that not all maxx's have this issue.

Thanks for the update @94lt1...I didn't know about the issue. It's strange how some of these things affect some phones & not others. I wonder if the option to set dial pad always on for custom numbers would make the dial pad appear for the phones that do have the issue? Open Phone > menu > Settings > Show Dialpad > Check Custom Numbers > Custom Phone Number > enter the numbers you want and then exit. It's just a thought...might be a workaround for the folks that experience the issue...if it works.

Thanks for the input guys. Just on a guess I switched the runtime from ART back to Delvik and the the dial pad started working normally again. I then switched back to ART and it is still working as it should... So I really don't know what happened but that seemed to fix it!

Back