DF Google Event Talk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droid-gif.410

We have been hard at work looking to bring more content and interaction to the boards and our latest will be a live broadcast chat about the October 4th Google event. Though we will be unable to interact with the chats on YT, we can on our forum. So, join us then where we will chat about the latest devices and software released by google as well as take your live questions from the board.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is it sad I have no idea anything that will be announced in the upcoming event?

I can't even think of any new features I want to see. I finally found an app that syncs ringer and notifications volume so other than that I'm just here in the way.... Lol

Samsung Note 7.5

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Is it sad I have no idea anything that will be announced in the upcoming event?

I can't even think of any new features I want to see. I finally found an app that syncs ringer and notifications volume so other than that I'm just here in the way.... Lol

Samsung Note 7.5
Nope. I was excited for last year's. Due to project timelines I won't be watching.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Aside from Pixel being announced, I can't imagine it'll be all that exciting. (The event, not your podcast!) Unless the Googs/Alphabet releases a new super quiet drone that has a 90 min flight time and the ability to walk your dog, then we're talking. All joking aside, I think we've all known this day was coming, where smartphone tech has per much reached a plateau with both hardware & software.
I think Google is late to the game with both their Amazon Echo clone (Home) and their 4K Chromecast.
Their VR headset might be interesting, but it'll have to be inexpensive for people to really get onboard with it.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aside from Pixel being announced, I can't imagine it'll be all that exciting. (The event, not your podcast!) Unless the Googs/Alphabet releases a new super quiet drone that has a 90 min flight time and the ability to walk your dog, then we're talking. All joking aside, I think we've all known this day was coming, where smartphone tech has per much reached a plateau with both hardware & software.
I think Google is late to the game with both their Amazon Echo clone (Home) and their 4K Chromecast.
Their VR headset might be interesting, but it'll have to be inexpensive for people to really get onboard with it.

S5 tap'n

It will be interesting to see the forums input on topics like these tomorrow. Will give us more to talk about.

;)

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The new Google Home device is the only thing I am interested in tomorrow. Not too excited over phones named Pixel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It will be interesting for sure, but not in the way that previous announcements have been.

There's not one product that I'm overly excited about, but new tech is always fun.

I'm wondering if they'll address the elephant in the room of the Nexus line, or just let it quietly die with no explanation of why they decided to transition.

I won't be upgrading to a 4K chromecast any time soon.

Google Home has a bit of my interest, but still not an area that I'm ready to invest any real money in at this point in my life.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm interested in Andromeda.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh! Almost forgot about that! Should be interesting for sure!

Can't really say that I'm in the market for a device that would utilize it, but I'm happy to see the direction they appear to be moving in there and I think it's a smart move.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
There have been quite a few leaks on the phones including Verizon posting pics online with a blue color version

e9fddc062868a95ccebc52b9af58c481.png

iPhone 6s+ Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yup. Once again, not much left to the imagination prior to the announcement.
Isn't that the way almost all of these press release events go these days? There is so much information "leaked" in the days / weeks leading up to the event that we pretty much already know what we need to know. Every media site / news source feels compelled to provide all the leaked info in advance so it kind of takes the fun out of the surprise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Agreed. No one cares who shared the leaked into first when it's all over, but I find myself wishing the surprise had been maintained.

Sent from my Moto Z