Devour Camera

M

Matth3w

Thanks. But there is still the issue of it not being available for the Devour.
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was or not. Bummer. Not that it would solve the issue entirely, but I hear you get better pictures from that over a stock app.

RemyL75

Reaction score
Well, I am not all that worried about it. My wife has the Devour, and she doesn't use her phone for pictures, as she has a digital camera for that. She was a little bothered that her camera can't scan barcodes. I tried a few different barcode scanner apps, but no dice. Oh well. Just means I have to go shopping with her lol

Staywide8

Reaction score
Matthew, While I value your opinion and truly feel/know you have a great deal of knowledge and things to share, you must work on your delivery. You are being a dick when you choose to disperse information in the manner you did. Fact. I say this as a mother of three boys who hopes I am teaching them some sort of diplomacy in life. Thankfully, I am not young enough (as perhaps you are) to feel I already know everything.

However, thank you for pointing out the cheap ass error of my ways.

This is the interwebz. ITZ SERIUZ BIZNESZ!!!

pullmehome

Reaction score
Matthew, your very worst attributes have surfaced in your rant above. First and foremost, do not misquote others. I did not say any of the things in quotes you attribute to me. Stop being a punkass kid. If you are an adult, act like one; if you have something intelligible to say - say it without the sarcastic hyperbole.

You may think yourself a celebrity here on this forum, but in the world "out there" dear child, you fail miserably. If you do not have knowledge to disperse, keep your anger to yourself and move on. That will truly benefit everyone.

(And, if you wish me to be as big a ***** as you are a dick I will point out that your post above of purchasing a digital camera for $400-600 is laughable in terms of quality or performance. Since you so openly admit you do not have a life, perhaps you should move yourself away from the computer for a bit and try to obtain one. It will do wonders for rounding out your deficient personality. Cheers, darling boy!)
You know you always have a certain amount of time to decide you dont like the phone and get credit towards the one you'd like. I got my droid 2 weeks ago and when I got it I convinced my sister to trade in her env3 she had for two weeks in for it and my GF got a BB last week and I convinced her to trade that in for a droid too. I think it is on special now for $99 including the rebate so maybe you should switch if it is affordable for you to do so and with the new prices you may even get it near even since the devour is around $100....Good luck and remember you are stuck with this phone foratleast 1 or 2 years

joanaugusts

Reaction score
I own one. It has a better camera, it's faster and motoblur is weak. Droid is quick and the video playback and record is beautiful. Surfing the net is quick and you can download apps in seconds.roid gives you 5 megapixel and a 16 gig sd card. As for the keyboard I find myself using it every now and then. One thing I noticed was the devour doesnt have a dpad, which I use on the droid when playing games and whatnot.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I own one. It has a better camera, it's faster and motoblur is weak. Droid is quick and the video playback and record is beautiful. Surfing the net is quick and you can download apps in seconds.roid gives you 5 megapixel and a 16 gig sd card. As for the keyboard I find myself using it every now and then. One thing I noticed was the devour doesnt have a dpad, which I use on the droid when playing games and whatnot.

Yeah The Dpad was replaced with a small touchpad. It works well for what it does. Overall not a bad phone. Not a Droid, but not a bad lil brother for the Droid either lol.

dunringil

Reaction score
bad camera

I will have to agree with the complaints on this one. I don't expect it to have a professional quality camera on it.

But to put it in simple terms for the arguments sake.

My old motorola RAZR took much better quality pictures than the Droid Devour does.

Something is wrong with that no matter what your argument is!

Personally I think it's a light issue. The droid devour requires an extremely well lit scene in order to take a decent picture. So I would have to say the shutter speed is too fast. My RAZR took very clear pictures in the same places that the droid won't.

kellyy

Reaction score
Hello,
I also think that its camera is not good as we want. i heard from many people that camera is not well. company say that camera is very nice but there are somany complaints.

cheers!!

bosshog85

Reaction score
My LG Ally has a pretty nice camera for being only 3.2 MP and is pretty cheap. I compared my phone to the devour and I found the devour very inferior to my phone. The Devour's camera doesn't even have flash! Plus I didn't like it being white cuz it would then show all the nicks and scratches that would happen.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums