"Device not compatible" errors in Marketplace

DMFA

Reaction score
I've started having this problem, most notably with Netflix, which is trying to force me to update. However, I get a "your device is not compatible with this item" error when I try to download it. Odd, I know, especially when ROM Toolbox gives me the same error. What's going on here?

DX .605 with Liberty 3 v1.0

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

smiller7117

Reaction score
I got the same problem. Don't understand. Wish we could figure it out or get answers from someone out there. *Hint hint

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you didn't by chance change your screen density.... did you???

smiller7117

Reaction score
Ya know, I thought that may have something to do with it. I did change it. But then, thinking it may affect it, I changed it back. No improvement though.

aj8600

Reaction score
This happened to me. I cleared all of the data in market and google services framework in the settings. That seemed to fix it

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
you didn't by chance change your screen density.... did you???

Yeah, I really prefer it at 192. I didn't know that had any being on it.

This happened to me. I cleared all of the data in market and google services framework in the settings. That seemed to fix it

Didn't work for me. Too bad.

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
Yeah, I really prefer it at 192. I didn't know that had any being on it.

Didn't work for me. Too bad.

Just to be clear, you will need to change your screen density back to 240, then possibly clear market data (and maybe even reboot), then run the market app again. I generally find that just setting the density back to 240 fixes it, without the need to clear data or reboot, but others seem to need to do all of these steps.

-TSL

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Just to be clear, you will need to change your screen density back to 240, then possibly clear market data (and maybe even reboot), then run the market app again. I generally find that just setting the density back to 240 fixes it, without the need to clear data or reboot, but others seem to need to do all of these steps.

-TSL

Where do I go to change screen density?

Sent from my [P]URIFIED DROID BIONIC

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
Yeah, the switch back to 240 and then re-checking the marketplace worked great. That must be a recent change with the marketplace because I never remembered LCD density being an obstacle to updating or installing applications, and I've had it at 192 for over a year...

Any hacks/patches available to circumvent the issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chris215

Reaction score
I had the same incompatible errors as well. Prior to realizing the change back to stock on the LCD would fix the problem. I even used the help option within the Market. Received the "some Developers chose to filter out certain devices and I should contact them directly".

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums