Development nearing an end?

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
Just a couple months ago I was flashing a new rom almost daily. Now its like once every couple weeks. With fission, squidly, apex stable and libertys seeming domination, are we seeing the beginning of the end of d2 rom development?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Azurikai

Reaction score
i don't ever recall many options that allowed a new rom every day. i've only flashed like 5 total on mine.

OP
G

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
yes, but those roms were being updated on a regular basis

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Come to the dx dark side my son look into the red eye can u say "DROID" lol sry had to do it

Just a couple months ago I was flashing a new rom almost daily. Now its like once every couple weeks. With fission, squidly, apex stable and libertys seeming domination, are we seeing the beginning of the end of d2 rom development?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't think its nearing an end so much as they're working on major updates rather than little small things, that's just what I think though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

miketoasty

Reaction score
I don't think its nearing an end so much as they're working on major updates rather than little small things, that's just what I think though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I would have to agree here. Reading angdroids posts he is waiting for honeycomb before releasing too much. So its a mixture of why fix what's not broken and waiting for the next ota.

trook

Reaction score
If your fiending for something to flash try rubix, flash all the x roms, just be sure to flash the gjar dx to d2 port file. I'm on rubix now, I plan on burning through the rest of the x roms too.

fishaholic

Reaction score
i can say that i havent found a single rom thats totally stable. I have tried them all and to some extent or another there is lots of small issues. I think once the bugs get worked out the roms will be even bettter!!!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If i remember correctly Maderstock will brick (not fixable by sbf-type of brick) anything but X because it has the radio files in it. Anything else should work though.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've found them all to be pretty stable for the most part. I've been running Fission on my warranty replacement for about two weeks now with not one single issue. It rebooted once on my previous handset running it off and on for months. (It rebooted while charging, streaming an NFL game, so probably overheated.)

Either way, I don't see a need for almost daily updates anymore. There for awhile, it seemed like everytime I checked the website, there was an update available. It was actually a pretty big headache to keep up with them all.