Desktop software?

stanwelks

Reaction score
Win Mobile has ActiveSynch, Black Berry has desktop Manager....

1.) what does Android use to backup and copy files to the device?

2.) does it synch indirectly with iTunes through some other software like the Blackberry does?

Thanks.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Motorola's Personal Phone Portal for Droid/Tao/Sholes

Does this help you at all?

[video=youtube;VJUFP2wPD_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJUFP2wPD_E&NR=1]YouTube - Motorola's Personal Phone Portal for Droid/Tao/Sholes[/video]

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
If they get the bugs out of the software this looks pretty interesting !

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yea. this will and can be very good to know and use.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded this to my phone yesterday. In theory, it can be great. However, here are the problems, as I see them... The "need" for desktop software is in case you lose your phone,or have to reset the phone, replace the phone, etc.

This software only opens on the pc if your phone is currently hooked up to it via wi-fi.

Once you disconnect the wi-fi, all info on the desktop portal disappears. (I did try the "backup" button that is there, but I am getting the same results)..

I really want something like DashWire for the phone, as this backs up everything. The mIQ (they are taking over for DashWire) looks great, advertises that it works with Android based phone, but when you go to install the mobile part on your phone, you get to choose between BB OS or WM OS...

Any other suggestions would be great!

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I use Lookout to backup my Phone it backsup phone numbers, pictures, and other things automatically and its cool when you long in it tells you what you've been doing. Another nice feature is that if you ever lose your phone in your house (which I do alot) you can make it scream so you can find it. Hope this helped!

Here's the Link: https://www.mylookout.com/

Last edited:

nevrenuf

Reaction score
What about the HTC software, or is there anywhere to get Motorola Phone Tools free?

ppbo

Reaction score
Mobisynapse - Android desktop manager, it is free!

Mobisynapse is like iTunes for Android. It functions as an android desktop software. Kind of like BB desktop manager for Blackberry.

It has backup and restore feature. It has app manager, file transfer, contact sync with Outlook, music manager, video manager, photo manager, SMS manager etc. It also integrates with Google Android app market. Pretty sweet.

Check it ou: Mobisynapse

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do a Google search for "motorola media link" it may be something you are interested in....