Desk clock

ainzwurth

Reaction score
So I've searched and nothing comes up. How do I get the phone to go into desk clock mode?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

zirkdog

Reaction score
You pay $35.99 for a standard docking station or $69.99 for the HD docking station.

OP
A

ainzwurth

Reaction score
I have a docking station. When I plug it in nothing happens. You saying that made me think though. Does it have to be the oem docking station for it to function as a desk clock?

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
If absolutely nothing happens then it's a bad dock. If you at least get the small icon in the left task bar, you can drag it down to change the settings. There's a setting to have the phone "do nothing" when docked. Sounds like that may be checked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you stock or rooted? If rooted, have you renamed, froze or removed anything?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Motorola uses magnets to activate car docks, clocks and stuff, this is how it was on the D1and D2 so im assuming it still is. I have a magnet on my wallet and I've accidentally have held the two close together before and activated the car dock so we was experimenting one night. On one side of my wallet with the most magnet strength would activate the car dock and on the other side of my wallet with less magnet strength would activate the clock or vise versa, I cant remember which one did which but u get the point so I could activate the stuff without having docks. So u could possibly test them that way.

OP
A

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Not rooted. When I put it in the dock it is as though I plugged it into the charger. The dock is not the oem dock. It is a dock I picked up on ebay.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
OP
A

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Bionic dock is close to what I'm looking for. Unless I'm missing something even it doesn't automatically go in to dock mode when it is docked.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Motorola uses magnets to activate car docks, clocks and stuff, this is how it was on the D1and D2 so im assuming it still is. I have a magnet on my wallet and I've accidentally have held the two close together before and activated the car dock so we was experimenting one night. On one side of my wallet with the most magnet strength would activate the car dock and on the other side of my wallet with less magnet strength would activate the clock or vise versa, I cant remember which one did which but u get the point so I could activate the stuff without having docks. So u could possibly test them that way.

Bionic doesn't use magnets... it's dock to micro USB/HDMI wiring now ...

andysly5

Reaction score
check out an app called "Gentle Alarm". I use it with an aftermarket stand and it works perfectly.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like you'd need the OEM dock for it to happen. Maybe you could go to a Verizon store to check one out.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Not rooted. When I put it in the dock it is as though I plugged it into the charger. The dock is not the oem dock. It is a dock I picked up on ebay.

If it's a knock off china made dock from ebay, then it's anyone's guess. It might just be a pretty looking imitation charger. You might get a work around or an app to "look" like its docked, but until it drops into the real deal the app won't launch (to the best of my knowledge).

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
It's because it's not the oem one. I almost bought a non-oem dock off ebay, but noticed in the description that it warned it would not go into dock mode. So I opted to pay more for the oem one. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a work around though.