Derp..

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Ok, apparently im an idiot and cannot figure out how to install GB from a zip on my phone. i went from hexen sbf'd to stock, and then back to .330. now what? ive downloaded .607 and when i go into bootstrap, i try to install and i get an error! :(

e failed to verify whole-file signature
e signature verification failed installation aborted

ive looked online, and i couldnt find it, or on here. someone help please and thanks

ive tried toggling the scripts and auth and all that :( im lost

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Don't install from bootstrap, install from stock recovery. Rename your update to update.zip, and then sbf again-except don't wipe your data, just wipe your cache and hit apply update.zip. You will have to re-root but it's simple enough to root 607 anyways. Wonder when Moto'll release 4.5.608.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Oh I'm thinking about MS exchange and all. I doubt they'll patch the root exploit anyways.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
They already have according to P3.... Have to find the post again but he was warning against accepting updates

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
So I have to re-sbf? I hate doing that. I tried to install the update. 607 and it didn't install :(

I renamed it to update.zip and it doesn't take it. I will deal with it tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Here is what happens when I try to install from the bootloader.

E: can't open/cache/recovery/command
E: can't open/cache/recovery/caller

Asset failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/logwrapper". 8d0af33704bc3bf41c27970c3a514cfa673a5d" , 4b26edaae35e9aaa9fce18ddf72e9083999
E error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

Its long I know. Im un-rooted. I've re-rooted and all that about 4 times. I've wiped and reset just as many. Sometimes after a failed attempt to install update.zip from the bootloader, I reboot and it goes into clockwork, I don't have bootstrapper. This has happened 2 times, once while rooted, and once while not rooted.

Im getting really frustrated. Am I missing anything? Are there any other files? I downloaded the update from another topic in here, so its accurate... I think...

Please help! :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Not to bump again... lol
I haven't sbf'd again. So I guess I must. *sigh*

silver6054

Reaction score
Here is what happens when I try to install from the bootloader.

E: can't open/cache/recovery/command
E: can't open/cache/recovery/caller

Asset failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/logwrapper". 8d0af33704bc3bf41c27970c3a514cfa673a5d" , 4b26edaae35e9aaa9fce18ddf72e9083999
E error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

Its long I know. Im un-rooted. I've re-rooted and all that about 4 times. I've wiped and reset just as many. Sometimes after a failed attempt to install update.zip from the bootloader, I reboot and it goes into clockwork, I don't have bootstrapper. This has happened 2 times, once while rooted, and once while not rooted.

Im getting really frustrated. Am I missing anything? Are there any other files? I downloaded the update from another topic in here, so its accurate... I think...

Please help! :(

If you get into clockwork, you have the hijack stuff still installed, i.e. a wrong version of logwrapper as far as the update is concerned. Search on the forum for how to remove this (there are several such posts). The only problem is if you have installed it more than once, in which case doing an SBF is the best way.

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
So an sbf then update should be fine?

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Silver6054! too bad im at work now :( i managed to SBF one more time before work and tried to install, and the error message is different :( I will for sure check the link you provided later tonight. So what are some of the good and bad of .607? i might stay on it for a day or so, then its to CM7

silver6054

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Silver6054! too bad im at work now :( i managed to SBF one more time before work and tried to install, and the error message is different :( I will for sure check the link you provided later tonight. So what are some of the good and bad of .607? i might stay on it for a day or so, then its to CM7

If you SBFd, those links won't help. Tell us the new error message!

A lot of us quite like .607 and haven't switched to other ROMs. Much better than the old .330

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
also, now my stupid roaming indicator is on :( not flashing, just sits there :(:cus:

side note, i switched from global to CDMA, now im not getting any service in an area that has great service

** edit im gonna try one last thing, i think i had rooted and frozen some stuff, so lemme try that** update coming soon

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score
also, now my stupid roaming indicator is on :( not flashing, just sits there :(:cus:

side note, i switched from global to CDMA, now im not getting any service in an area that has great service

Did you *228 1 after the SBF?