ROM'S wont install.

cemmons24

Reaction score
Ok so i got this cell to root, i guess, now every ROM i have tried to install gives me these 2 errors. 1: E: failed to verify whole-file signature. 2: E: signature verification failed. I have tried 5 different ROMs and its always the same damn thing, any ideas on what I have screwed up please?

OP
cemmons24

cemmons24

Reaction score
just saw your thread
which system version? menu>settings>about phone> system version 4.5.629 or other
how did you root? file name
rom file name?
you installed d2 bootstrap and followed these steps?
[HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2 Bootstrap

edit:most updated roms are here Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

Sorry, it already had the .629 version on it when I got it, and I used the 219 (I think its that size) meg cd rom to root it. As far as bootstrap I don't know about that. So I guess that could then be my problem. Thanks for replying!!

OP
cemmons24

cemmons24

Reaction score
just saw your thread
which system version? menu>settings>about phone> system version 4.5.629 or other
how did you root? file name
rom file name?
you installed d2 bootstrap and followed these steps?
[HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2 Bootstrap

edit:most updated roms are here Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

Sorry, it already had the .629 version on it when I got it, and I used the 219 (I think its that size) meg cd rom to root it. As far as bootstrap I don't know about that. So I guess that could then be my problem. Thanks for replying!!
oh damn, I didn't see you had seen my other thread, I feel like such a newb...

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
the rules for D2 are different from the original droid
I believe the original didn't have a locked bootloader, all 'droid's made by motorola since, are made for verizon with their specs
locked bootloader, tethering blocked, bloatware....

OP
cemmons24

cemmons24

Reaction score
Thanks a million! I got it to work, now I have to find a rom that works good. Steel Droid didn't work on my cell worth a damn, which sucks cause on my OG it rocked. Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Steel Droid didn't work on my cell worth a damn
I didn't even thing there was a steel droid for D2G, your lucky it even booted