Deodexed GB?

shiek2134

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone who answer questions here at the forum, I've learned so much. I dove right into Gingerbread leak a few days ago on my DX (coming straight from stock, unrooted). I've done a lot of reading so I'm starting to feel more comfortable. A few questions:

-I read on another site the directions to flash the Deodexed version of GB. All it said was "to flash themes." Anyone care to give me a bit more insight to what a "Deodexed" version is and its benefit over simply having rooted GB running (which has been pretty stable for me even with my testing being overclocked currently).

-If I backup with Clockwork my current system as it stands, then do a factory reset, and do all the steps to eventually restore my backup, is it safe to say I should have everything (right down to apps loaded, widgets running, wallpapers, etc) restored to current working order? I get that's what its supposed to do, but just looking for some reassurance.

Thanks.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I believe the deodexed version makes it easier to load themes over top of GB rom.

You are correct about your back up. Everything is saved in working order if you reload a back up from Clockwork.

OP
S

shiek2134

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I was reading on a different forum about people's battery stats improving greatly due to flashing deodexed version so I was just wondering if there were any other potentially quantifiable benefits other than themes.

I'm pretty sure I also read that with deodexed GB you can change your system font so that all text appears in a selected font of your choice. Is this true, or do you need a separate app for that?

OP
S

shiek2134

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help everyone. I searched around and found directions on how to modify font type. Easy as pie and is really cool too.

Don't know the rules or I'd post the link (separate forum) to where to download and modify fonts is explained in case anyone else is new to all this. But just do an advanced search on font change on this site and you will find it.

One last question. I think I'll just take the plunge and flash the deodexed version. Is there any indication that it worked? What should I look for/how will I know its up to date...is it a different build/software number?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help everyone. I searched around and found directions on how to modify font type. Easy as pie and is really cool too.

Don't know the rules or I'd post the link (separate forum) to where to download and modify fonts is explained in case anyone else is new to all this. But just do an advanced search on font change on this site and you will find it.

One last question. I think I'll just take the plunge and flash the deodexed version. Is there any indication that it worked? What should I look for/how will I know its up to date...is it a different build/software number?
You can post links to other websites, its not an issue as information is appreciated no matter where it comes from.

As far as the difference in the Deodexxed version..you wont really notice anything different unless you try to install themes.

OP
S

shiek2134

Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm not sure if it was coincidence or me using my phone differently today from yesterday, but I sure feel like i've got way more battery life. I've been unplugged for 15 hours and it just now hit 30%.

I still have to play with Overclocking. I'm on Low Voltage at 1.3ghz and have profiles set up for screen off and whatnot. That has seemed to be a huge win for battery life. But I played a pretty graphic intensive game and one of my profiles is for screen on to be cranking the power and in only a few minutes it ate up a sizeable chunk. Gotta keep playing with it.

codustyle

Reaction score
Do you have a link for the deodexed version? I used the dxgbroot.zip ..... that was regular gb rooted right?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums