Deleting text message drafts?

GF12323

Reaction score
How do you delete a draft from you text messages?

I started to type something, but I decided to not send it, so it saved as a draft. I went back in to the message and deleted it with backspace, but it still remains there when I go back in to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I believe this may be a simple and successful answer. Open your message pop up bubble that you want to delete. Press and hold the message. You will now get a variety of options. One is delete. Simply tap delete and delete the message. Do this method for all of your unwanted drafts.

Hope this helps.

GF12323
Galaxy S3

Tas

Reaction score
I believe this was fixed with a previous update. I don't have this problem anymore.

Tas

tkopta

Reaction score
Food for thought...open the thread with the draft and the drafted text appears automatically... backspace the text and your fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

neilwltr

Reaction score
Deleting draft text easy

Best way to delete a draft text when you don't want to send or change your mind on the samsung S4 is to bring up the draft then push and hold it then a box should come up that gives you the option to delete thread this will delete the draft text:)

Jove06

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo 2
Did any of you by any chance try to send an email via text? I had the same issue and used the usual "backspace and text" to delete the drafts and nothing happened. Same issue. I just realized I just tried to send an email so I went into my email drafts and deleted the draft in the email, went back to me text messages and voila! No more phantom drafts. In other words, if you tried to share a link, email, etc you may have to go back to the original draft and delete it there first before it will disappear in your texts.

It's Me

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy edge
How do you delete a draft from you text messages?

I started to type something, but I decided to not send it, so it saved as a draft. I went back in to the message and deleted it with backspace, but it still remains there when I go back in to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
I had the same issue. What has been working for me is holding down the draft part of the message and once you get the pop up you can "select all" then "cut" the draft message and it goes away. Even when you exit the message. So far I don't have an issue with the draft popping back up.