deleting stock apps

Kevindaleo

Reaction score
Do I need to hook my phone up to a p.c. To delete stock apps

Sent from my WX445 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't delete stock apps. It will cause problems when it comes time to get an ota update. You need to be rooted and then with an app called Titanium backup you can freeze the bloatware which is better because when the time comes you can unfreeze them. You don't need a pc

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

DROOIID

Reaction score
Don't delete stock apps. It will cause problems when it comes time to get an ota update. You need to be rooted and then with an app called Titanium backup you can freeze the bloatware which is better because when the time comes you can unfreeze them. You don't need a pc

Agreed. But you will need to get the paid version of tb, I believe. Just look up freeze apps and there is a free one. I use it and it works great.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can find the full titanium. You just have to look.
Check your pm...

Garfieldfreak

Reaction score
Don't delete stock apps. It will cause problems when it comes time to get an ota update.
So what you are telling me is that I can't delete the preinstalled apps that Motorola put on here, even to free up space on the phone? I don't use Skype, Treehugger, or any of these pre installed apps, but the problem I'm running into now is memory. There is very limited phone space therefore I am limited on the apps I put on this phone. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to free up the memory without uninstalling the apps that I do use?

Ducky108

Reaction score
I deleted my stock apps on my motorola citrus and will forever regret it

could you please help me get the stock apps back? Or at least a stock rom?

olneyrich

Reaction score
Ok I did not know where to post this and I am sorry if I choose wrong.
I rooted my phone.
Being way to cocky I deleted the stock SMS app. I have tried Handscent. Chomp and GOsms and they all have send recive issues,
Is there any way to ger the stock back? if now is there a setting or app that will give me SMS/MMS back?

Thank you ahead of time and again
I am sorry if posted wrong

calyad

Reaction score

I have just formatted my husband's new Motorola Dext (not an up-to-date smart phone, but bought because it was cheap). There was a heap of stuff he would never use, what I think of as common stock apps, such as all the social stuff, like Facebook and Happenings etc. There was too much cluttering the screen, for someone as technologically challenged as he is. After much searching online, I read the manual. I have to say this is the first time I have actually found something useful in a manual. It said 'to open something, tap it." Whoopee, I thought. What else is new ... Then I read further and it said tap and hold to edit. I did that and a little bin appeared and I could just swipe all the clutter into the bin. Now his screen is clean and uncluttered and just has messages and the call and contact icons. I think if the stock apps you mean are sms etc, it would be better to go to Display and Security (or what ever yours is called) and reboot to factory settings.

Last edited: