Deleting Old Text Messages

erict

Reaction score
I use the stock text message app and am still running 2.1. When I delete the text conversation it deletes it fine but whenever the same person sends me a text later it still shows all the previous ones on the screen even if its days later. Is there a way to permanently delete them off the phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KLBailey

Reaction score
Go to contacts on the main screen (bottom right that looks like a head and shoulders), slide to the right till you see "contacts"History" in the upper left corner. Click on menu key and select clear history.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Go to contacts on the main screen (bottom right that looks like a head and shoulders), slide to the right till you see "contacts"History" in the upper left corner. Click on menu key and select clear history.

I believe that can only be done on 2.2. I am still running 2.1.

KLBailey

Reaction score
I've done it that way since day one. I got my X on launch day (running 2.1). If that doesn't work then I can't help you. Sorry

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I've done it that way since day one. I got my X on launch day (running 2.1). If that doesn't work then I can't help you. Sorry

I have no" clear history" when I press menu under history? Your running 2.1 and have this option?

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Yes

I just don't understand if your running 2.1 and have this option. When I press a contact and slide over to history and then press the menu button, I have no tab to clear history. I have the following, edit, delete, link contact, unlink contact and share name card. What am I missing? You have to be running 2.2.