Deleting Email Account

Reaction score
I have a sbc account i want to delete from my phone. I went to accounts and deleted it. Then this morning when i choose my work email it was goine..WTF. How do i remove this. I'm trying out something different to retrieve my SBC mail. Droid worthless when comes to SBC mail.

Reaction score
I have a sbc account i want to delete from my phone. I went to accounts and deleted it. Then this morning when i choose my work email it was goine..WTF. How do i remove this. I'm trying out something different to retrieve my SBC mail. Droid worthless when comes to SBC mail.

No matter how many times I read this, I can't make sense of it.:blink:

OP
rockandrollacdc
Reaction score
1. deleted sbcglobal email account on phone
2. Thought it deleted. in fact i know i choose that email account.
3. sbcglobal email did not delete
4. woke this morning and my work email account was gone and sbcglobal was still there.
5. tried again to delete sbcglobal email, no luck

Summery - How do i delete sbcglobal email account? Work i can get back

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
See if you can delete it via your email app (which you have not specified).

OP
rockandrollacdc
Reaction score
Ok, i little confused now. it's been about year and a half since i setup the yahoo email on my phone. I thought there was a email setup in the settings, don't see one. When i go to "Accounts & sync" do not see my sbcglobal account listed even knowing it is still on the phone. How do i know, it still listed for the email short cut. The email app per say is the one that came with the phone, i think. I had sbcglobal already when i got the phone. I deleted everything off the phone that's associated with that email address. I still can't delete it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Delete the shortcut...

OP
rockandrollacdc
Reaction score
See, if you delete the shortcut it doesn't delete the account. The account still wants to check for email so it runs and runs and runs. I tried to change the settings with out success. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Droid doesn't like this yahoo account for some reason. O well, new phone maybe in few months anyways. Ill just charge my phone every 6 so hours, no big deal....:(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
See, if you delete the shortcut it doesn't delete the account. The account still wants to check for email so it runs and runs and runs. I tried to change the settings with out success. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Droid doesn't like this yahoo account for some reason. O well, new phone maybe in few months anyways. Ill just charge my phone every 6 so hours, no big deal....:(

Have you tired to clear data for the app?
You can always do a hard reset.