Deleting E-Mail

flannbarr

Reaction score
How can I delete multiple e-mail messages at once on the Droid without deleting one at a time?

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
How can I delete multiple e-mail messages at once on the Droid without deleting one at a time?

If you look to the left of your messages, you will see a place to put a check mark. Check mark the ones you want to delete, press delete and presto!

mjs31

Reaction score

If you look to the left of your messages, you will see a place to put a check mark. Check mark the ones you want to delete, press delete and presto!

That is one thing I miss about te blackberry is the delete prior or mark prior read. That being said, checking each one and deleting selected is painless. I just did about 180 in no time at all.

OP
F

flannbarr

Reaction score
Is there a select all button or do I check each one individually?

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
Another thing missing on this phone is the ability to select all and delete. During some functions it's just plain difficult finding a way to delete period.

mjs31

Reaction score
Is there a select all button or do I check each one individually?

No select all at this time. Just check each one. Really not terrible, but it would be a nice add on.

As for the delete issues or difficulty also mentioned...I can see that, but once you get the idea of how things are working, it becomes second nature.

BenThere

Reaction score
Marking all (or all previous) as "read" is really very important for Exchange users. As well as bulk deleting. I certainly hope that there is an update to the mail application at some point soon to allow this.

moparharn

Reaction score
How do you set the phone to delete on both the phone

and ISP, or just phone and not ISP?

omnibus

Reaction score
I feel ridiculous admitting this but my inbox shows 14185 messages. I'm guessing they all ported over including the trash folder when the Verizon store set up my gmail account.

I guess my only option is to click each one then one "delete" click per page It's going to take awhile. At least in Thunderbird I'm pretty sure there was an "empty trash" option.

Is there a better solution?

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT......I went into gmail.com on my desktop and though not specific, when I chose "ALL" in my inbox I was able to delete 100 at one time, then I noticed a message offering to delete all the remaining 13,000 odd messages. This put them in the trash folder. Then when I went into the trash folder I was asked whether I wanted to empty the trash...YES.

Now I went into gmail on my Droid and my inbox was empty there as well. Hope this helps some other dummies like me.

Last edited:

ppittman4

Reaction score
I use a pop server account. If I delete there, it does not delete messages from the trash on my droid. Checking each one is a pain. Does anyone know another way to delete all items in the trash?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have over 6,000 emails in my Gmail and only using 19% of my total storage....I might try to see if I can max it out.....