Deleting contacts and gmail sync?

djj624

Reaction score
Here is the deal I have three Android phones. Work phone is an i 1, (i know I know its out of my hands I use what they give me). Then I have my og Droid, and finally now my thunderbolt. When i entered my email in my work phone it started syncing everything from my og over apps, contacts, mail. I don't want this info on my work phone or og Droid anymore. I want my work contacts in that i1 and just use the og as an ipod like device. How do I get rid of syncing mail and delete contacts without losing them on my thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gsdreams

Reaction score
Here is the deal I have three Android phones. Work phone is an i 1, (i know I know its out of my hands I use what they give me). Then I have my og Droid, and finally now my thunderbolt. When i entered my email in my work phone it started syncing everything from my og over apps, contacts, mail. I don't want this info on my work phone or og Droid anymore. I want my work contacts in that i1 and just use the og as an ipod like device. How do I get rid of syncing mail and delete contacts without losing them on my thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The best solution for this is to create yourself a new gmail acct for work.

If that isn't a solution for you, if you go to settings/accts you "should" be able to turn off contacts sync, mail sync, and calendar sync. Then you can just clean up the contacts on the work phone, but you won't have any backup of any contacts, mail, calendar on your work phone.

I would still recommend just creating a seperate gmail acct for work.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want to check your personal gmail account you can add the personal gmail account once you've set up the work gmail as the primary account on the work device (disabling whatever sync you don't want).