Deleting books from the Kindle app

flowers234

Reaction score
I've been just sending pretty much every book I get from Amazon to the phone thinking I might want it. I don't know how large a archive capacity the phone has but I just want to get rid of a lot of the books.

I know under my Amazon account I have to go under Manage Your Kindle and click on the + and "delete the book" but I don't want to delete them. I just want them off my phone.

It's the same with my Kindle for PC. The way I've seen it explained is simply deregistering it and I've done that MANY times with the for PC and when I simply download the program again once I register it it uploads all the books I have under my Amazon account onto my archive.

My phone archive is just too freaking large at this point and I just want to clean up shop and keep about 5 or so in the archive as go to if I feel like adding them to home.

Any ideas? I haven't gotten rid of the app because I figure it'll work just like the Kindle for PC and just add them all back when I get it again.

dave.cox

Reaction score
I agree. I have a Toshiba tablet with a lot of Kindle books archived. I don't want to delete them from my Kindle account, but since I have finished reading them, I really don't want to see them in my Kindle library on my tablet anymore. There really needs to be a way to remove them.

Dave

Krzypuppy2

Reaction score
Doesn't the book automatically be removed from your reading list when you archive a book. I use the audible program ony phone and haven't tried the kindle app. On my Kindle though when I move a book to the archives it no lnnger is kisted jn my home page. Only if I open the archived file.

Krzypuppy2

Reaction score
I was going to say the same. I've not used the kindle app on my phone but when I've archived a book after reading it is no longer on my kindle. It is listed under archived items but to read it again, it would need to download onto my device again. It is my understanding that it sits in the cloud or some cyberspace until I want to fownload again. If you delete a book you need to repurchase it again.