deleted mail from account stays on droid2

mrbighands

Reaction score
Is there a problem with Droid2 syncing with Exchange? I find that messages deleted from various mail accounts inbox are still on the Droid2 long after it has synced. Where is the option to delete from the mail account when deleting from Droid2. Droid1 worked fine. There used to be an option to delete from account when deleted from Droid, now the minimum value is 1 week. What is the sense of that? Is there a workaround to have messages deleted and truly synced?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using the stock app? Please always include the specific app in threads like this. Not everyone uses the same email apps.

Any account I run through outlook does not sync emails.
Not sure what you mean by this. Outlook is a desktop mail client. It's really not relevant as your device doesn't retrieve mail from Outlook.

Are these Exchange accounts or other types of email accounts?

Last edited:

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Using the stock app? Please always include the specific app in threads like this. Not everyone uses the same email apps.

Any account I run through outlook does not sync emails.
Not sure what you mean by this. Outlook is a desktop mail client. It's really not relevant as your device doesn't retrieve mail from Outlook.

Are these Exchange accounts or other types of email accounts?
These are not Exchange accounts..It is just Office 2007 Professional Outlook, that I am using to funnel my local ISP email account through. Every phone I have ever had, deletes off both accounts when you delete or sync from phone or computer, except for the X. And I have never had to do anything different from within Outlook, etc. to make this happen. I guess the only drawback, as you delete emails during the day from your phone, and then get home and log into your email, you have hundreds of emails you still have to delete.

The OP was mentioning that the best option we have is to where it will delete in One Week if you check that option from within the phone while setting up your account.

As in Gmail and Yahoo does..If you delete off of phone, it is not there when you log in from a computer. Thanks for any help you can provide!

OP
M

mrbighands

Reaction score
I'm using the stock app. I have an exchange account and also a verizon account and deleted messages from Droid2 are not deleted from the corresponding accounts on the server. I need a workaround for this. Also, messsages deleted from the accounts via some other client (desktop or web client or whatever) are also not deleted from Droid2, even after a sync. I'm sure they'll probably fall off the Droid2 after the minimum time of a week, but why should I have to look at deleted mail from a week ago. Can't believe they designed it like this!!!!

rgn2000

Reaction score
I'm using the stock app. I have an exchange account and also a verizon account and deleted messages from Droid2 are not deleted from the corresponding accounts on the server. I need a workaround for this. Also, messsages deleted from the accounts via some other client (desktop or web client or whatever) are also not deleted from Droid2, even after a sync. I'm sure they'll probably fall off the Droid2 after the minimum time of a week, but why should I have to look at deleted mail from a week ago. Can't believe they designed it like this!!!!

Same thing happens to me on the email app using AOL. The problem is it creates a different thrash folder that does not sync with your email service. There is also no option to delete ALL emails in the trash folder on the phone. A month or so ago I noticed I had over 1,000 emails and was taking up a lot of space which we do not have on the D1. The only quick way to delete them is to delete the email account and re-start it. It does not take long and if you are on IMAP all folders and the inbox will get populated again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use Outlook but I believe there is a setting in gmail as to whether or not to leave a copy on the server.

kelphus

Reaction score
Same problem here...

Deleted emails are deleted from server, but for some reason are still in "deleted" folder on the droid itself... have 4,000 emails at this point in that folder, clogging up phone storage capacity.....

help!!!

rgn2000

Reaction score
Deleted emails are deleted from server, but for some reason are still in "deleted" folder on the droid itself... have 4,000 emails at this point in that folder, clogging up phone storage capacity.....

help!!!

Delete the account and add it again.

kelphus

Reaction score
thanks

Deleted the default mail app account, Touchdown works great without it. :icon_ banana: thanks