Delete maps/navigation from address book?

bluehill

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new and searched around a bit but couldn't find an answer for this one; please send me a link if this has been addressed already.

Usually I go into people/contacts, add info including cell numbers, addresses, no problem. Yesterday I noticed that when I tried to review addresses for my contacts, I'm being prompted for Google Maps or VZ Navigator. I don't want either!

I did the clear data/force stop thing for Google Maps but I still get the same prompt. Is there something else I can try? I'm not real paranoid, but I just don't need to pinpoint all my friends' addresses on a map every time I access that menu.

Any advice? Thanks in advance, bluehill.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're viewing a contact and you click on an address, you're telling the contacts app that you want to map the address. If you're viewing a contact and you click on the navigate icon next to the address, you're telling the contacts app that you want to navigate to the address. This is by design.

If you want to edit the contact's address(es) then you need to edit the contact, not view it. I think once you understand that it will make more sense to you.

Basically, any time you're viewing a contact and you click on a method of contacting that person, you'll launch whatever the appropriate/default app is for that method. You can't edit a contact's details from the view screen. Consider it a "safety" feature as the majority of the time you only want to view contact data, not edit it. Otherwise, it would be easy to accidentally corrupt your contact data.

Last edited:
OP
bluehill

bluehill

Reaction score
I think I get it. Thanks for the quick feedback! :)