Delays in receiving work e-mails...

roanoke4

Reaction score
I currently use the Droid Pro and love it, though my work e-mails often are delayed in being delivered to me. I set up my work e-mail using the regular e-mail icon/IMAP instead of corporate sync (perhaps this is my problem?), and sometimes I'll receive new e-mails within a minute, other times they are delayed an hour or more in which multiple e-mails are delivered all at one time. This occurs both at home or on the road, regardless of signal. Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
The OEM mail app did for me the same things you describe.
I got maildroid and haven't had an issue since.

OP
R

roanoke4

Reaction score
Well I just switched to k9 but I'm still having the same problems. If my phone is on standby or I'm not in e-mail, it takes between 10 minutes-2 hours for me to receive e-mails. But if I manually go into my e-mail account (OEM or K9), it finally fetches e-mails and pulls them up for me. Obviously I don't want to waste my time continually going into an e-mail account in order to get e-mail---maybe there is another setting I'm missing or something else I need to do.

I absolutely love Droid but this, coupled with calender issues, is driving me crazy and makes me wish I had my BB back, as it was always rock solid.