default photo for 'unknown' callers?

Jonas

Reaction score
i like your thinking LOLOL...since i have gingerbread now i guess i can't do the z4 root method. so superonclick involves plugging into the computer and clicking a button? none of this sbf stuff?

Yes, its very simple. Just google superoneclick. All one word. Its a very common method. If you have any questions, ask first, before you brick your phone. My pm is tied into my phone, so ill respond quickly.

OP
R

reneeinpa

Reaction score
i'm going to look into it...you may regret your kind offer to help me out though hahaha [i'm pretty competent...but am a little worried about bricking the phone. i can't afford a new phone and all i have as a back up is a LG EnV and i can't go back to a 'dumb' phone, i just cant!]

Jonas

Reaction score
i'm going to look into it...you may regret your kind offer to help me out though hahaha [i'm pretty competent...but am a little worried about bricking the phone. i can't afford a new phone and all i have as a back up is a LG EnV and i can't go back to a 'dumb' phone, i just cant!]

No worries man. I'm in the same boat. I bricked a D2G 2 weeks ago and had to play the stupid game with verizon. So I cannot brick mine at all for a while, or they will figure it out. I have no back up lol! The sad part is after I got my replacement, I played with the bricked pne, I fixed it, and had to send it back. I wanted to keep it to play with, but verizon wanted a phone back. :/

Sent from my Banana Phone

OP
R

reneeinpa

Reaction score
jonas i believe you are an enabler of the worst kind... i'm going to think about it and decide on it tomorrow as i'm working on a nice buzz right now and the last thing i should be doing is anything technical :blink: [i'm such a baby..i know this isn't that big of a deal you would think someone is telling me to take the phone apart and put it back together blindfolded]

and damn that verizon, who do they think they are wanting a phone back? the nerve

Jonas

Reaction score
jonas i believe you are an enabler of the worst kind... i'm going to think about it and decide on it tomorrow as i'm working on a nice buzz right now and the last thing i should be doing is anything technical :blink: [i'm such a baby..i know this isn't that big of a deal you would think someone is telling me to take the phone apart and put it back together blindfolded]

and damn that verizon, who do they think they are wanting a phone back? the nerve

Drunk hacking. That's how facebook got started. So let's not go down that road lol! Best of luck, and ill try to help as much as I can.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Drunk hacking. That's how facebook got started. So let's not go down that road lol! Best of luck, and ill try to help as much as I can.

Someone say drunk =)

Liberated X2

Jonas

Reaction score
This topic has taken a turn for the worse. And like drunk ideas, this thread will look silly after tonight. :D

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Ok I don't know of a single person who hacks that doesn't enjoy doing it hammered lol its like working on 3 phones at once. Its a confidence booster for sure

Liberated X2

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
you don't have to root you could just use apktool to decompile the Phone app, then you can just swap in the png you would like for your unknown callers, use apktool to recompile the Phone app; then adb to push/install

OR you could compile the Phone app from scratch with your new drawable it's not hard, but it takes some effort

Although just rooting your device would be easier ;)

Jonas

Reaction score
you don't have to root you could just use apktool to decompile the Phone app, then you can just swap in the png you would like for your unknown callers, use apktool to recompile the Phone app; then adb to push/install

OR you could compile the Phone app from scratch with your new drawable it's not hard, but it takes some effort

Although just rooting your device would be easier ;)

Baby steps...