default photo for 'unknown' callers?

reneeinpa

Reaction score
is there any way to change the photo associated w/ all unknown numbers and contacts w/o a photo? I can't stand the stupid head and shoulders silhouette my d2g uses...i'd even rather have the little droid guy! thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
R

reneeinpa

Reaction score
awww crap I had a feeling it had to be rooted and I don't think I'm savvy enough to root my phone...thank you for ur reply though!

Jonas

Reaction score
awww crap I had a feeling it had to be rooted and I don't think I'm savvy enough to root my phone...thank you for ur reply though!

Rooting has become so simple, it's actually quite easy. I wouldn't downplay your tech skills so quickly. Maybe take a read over, and see whats what, and then ask questions if you're unsure. It seems a bit overwhelming at first, but once you do it, you will sit back and say wow that was easy. I am always open to help people through PM too.

J

JriderG

How would you do it once rooted?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How would you do it once rooted?

Apply a theme or learn to theme and do it yourself :)

Sent from my TB using DroidForums transparent app! ;)

y0manda

Reaction score
Unknown and private callers get the automatic answer then hangup by an app I use. If they want to hide their number, they don't need to talk to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

J

JriderG

I didn't think most themes changed that. But yea I guess that would be the way though. Never really cared about that stuff much, just curious.

Jonas

Reaction score
Unknown and private callers get the automatic answer then hangup by an app I use. If they want to hide their number, they don't need to talk to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

While this does work for you, I have done a quick search on the market place and found just a few apps that will either let you hide Caller ID all together if the number is unknown, or lets you play a video of your choice while your phone is ringing, or lets you apply a picture of your choice to an unknown caller. And that only took me about 3 minutes. I entered "caller ID" into the search in marketplace.

OP
R

reneeinpa

Reaction score
thanks for the replies...jonas, my tech skills are pretty good but doesn't rooting void the warranty? can you recommend a good place to start reading up on rooting?

Jonas

Reaction score
thanks for the replies...jonas, my tech skills are pretty good but doesn't rooting void the warranty? can you recommend a good place to start reading up on rooting?

There's 3 options. You can use z4 root, the simplest, then there's superonclick, which is plugging it to the computer, and clicking the root button, then you can do it the extremly hard way and sbf into a root. That's an old outdated method. If you need z4 root, pm me, ill get you a link to it. Its very very simple. Yes you are going to void the warranty, but it can be undone. Its not something that verizon is going to ban you for. Its just that if your phone breaks, you need to make it unobvious that it was rooted. I can help you with that too.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
There's 3 options. You can use z4 root, the simplest, then there's superonclick, which is plugging it to the computer, and clicking the root button, then you can do it the extremly hard way and sbf into a root. That's an old outdated method. If you need z4 root, pm me, ill get you a link to it. Its very very simple. Yes you are going to void the warranty, but it can be undone. Its not something that verizon is going to ban you for. Its just that if your phone breaks, you need to make it unobvious that it was rooted. I can help you with that too.

Don't use z4root if you are on gingerbread. It doesn't work!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Don't use z4root if you are on gingerbread. It doesn't work!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Same goes with gingerbreak, I didn't see it mentioned but no it wont work
Z4=2.2.1
gingerbreak=2.2.2

Liberated X2

Jonas

Reaction score
Yes, if he's on gb, I can walk him through the droid 3 rooting process if he's on gb. Thanks for that tip!

OP
R

reneeinpa

Reaction score
Its just that if your phone breaks, you need to make it unobvious that it was rooted. I can help you with that too.

i like your thinking LOLOL...since i have gingerbread now i guess i can't do the z4 root method. so superonclick involves plugging into the computer and clicking a button? none of this sbf stuff?