Default mutlimedia dock display with Froyo 2.2

maroonmachine11

Reaction score
Is there any way to go back to the original multimedia display when plugging your phone into the dock that we had with 2.1 stock as opposed to the one that comes with Froyo 2.2?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
You should be able to... when I got my Droid a couple months ago, I installed that Nexus One dock app and was able to make it the default. Unless it has Froyo issues, you can install and use it... and I believe it's better than the stock 2.1 app.

Download: 2.1 Clock App from Nexus One - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Actually, I am on the hunt right now for a possibly better alarm clock app. I have found "Better Alarm Clock" (tried free version) which looks good, but I'm still looking around.

dkelly701

Reaction score
Have you looked at Alarm Clock Plus V2? It has a lot of features including math questions, adjustible fonts, increasing volume on the alarm, and a bunch of other features. Make sure you look at the settings from the main screen, and then there are a lot more settings for the individual alarms. It's free too.

Actually, I am on the hunt right now for a possibly better alarm clock app. I have found "Better Alarm Clock" (tried free version) which looks good, but I'm still looking around.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Have you looked at Alarm Clock Plus V2? It has a lot of features including math questions, adjustible fonts, increasing volume on the alarm, and a bunch of other features. Make sure you look at the settings from the main screen, and then there are a lot more settings for the individual alarms. It's free too.

Hey awesome, thanks for this! It is already based on the same Nexus One alarm clock app I've been using so that's great. And it does one thing I especially hoped for... ability to launch an app as an alarm... so I can have it launch Sirius/XM and it will play whatever channel I last had it on. Very cool. NOW, if someone can hack that Sirius app or make an alternate so I can have Howard 100 be the channel I wake up to...

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid and I just want to have the same app launch that launched before I rooted it. I looks like the screenshot in the link below.

Bozotros: DROID Docking Station App Without the Dock

Yeah that's the stock 2.1 Droid clock. You must have installed a custom ROM that had a different version?

I would recommend the one dkelly701 just mentioned... free from the market (has ads in the alarm config screens but install adblock!) and its based on the Nexus One 2.1 clock which is easily better. It supports live wallpaper backgrounds (the beautiful widget's live weather wallpaper looks cool when there are clouds floating behind the clock...heh) and also has a better (and dimmer) screen saver mode.

I noticed one difference though with Alarm Clock Plus V2 compared to the stock app it's based on... when it goes to the screen saver, the green time readout just stays in the upper left corner all the time, instead of periodically bouncing around. I guess that's all right, I don't think the Droid screen is really subject to screen burn-in anyway, is it?

OP
maroonmachine11

maroonmachine11

Reaction score
Yeah, I just installed that one and it's not too bad. Yeah, I installed the new Froyo, then installed the new Black Glass 2.2 theme...which is sweet and it changed the clock, but I do like this "Alarm Clock Plus v2" because it's customizable and I can remove the screensaver function. I like the clock being on at all times. When it's in dim mode it's fine for me, it acts as a night light as well as a clock. :)
Thanks for all of the input guys! dancedroid

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Yeah, I just installed that one and it's not too bad. Yeah, I installed the new Froyo, then installed the new Black Glass 2.2 theme...which is sweet and it changed the clock, but I do like this "Alarm Clock Plus v2" because it's customizable and I can remove the screensaver function. I like the clock being on at all times. When it's in dim mode it's fine for me, it acts as a night light as well as a clock. :)
Thanks for all of the input guys! dancedroid

I might try disabling the screensaver too. The dim mode doesn't bother me either. And with Setting Profiles, I already have my profile/rule for "when multimedia docked" that automatically lowers the default brightness way down. You can also configure the clock app to go straight into dim mode when activated.

I also like that you can change what the bottom shortcut buttons do. I never had a use for the "multimedia" button going to a photo slideshow, so I changed it to launch the Sirius/XM app instead. Having my alarm open the Sirius app is pretty cool too, although of course that means I give up a snooze option. Probably better that I give that up anyway... I abuse it :)

And one more thing... seems crazy that the default app never let you choose from your music library for an alarm (unless you copied songs into your media\audio\alarms folder), but it's nice that this one does have that option too.

cvp

Reaction score
Hey guys, dev here for alarm clock plus. Glad you like the app! Feel free to offer up any suggestions :)