default mail client

martytoo

Reaction score
I have two problems with the default mail client. One seems to be the problem of the client and one is a Road Runner issue.

Road Runner seems to require that you be on their network before allowing outgoing email. This is, I think, to prevent the spoofing of email. I don't think there is a way around this as I had the same problem with my iPod touch after the newer security was implemented.

The second issue is that the mail client doesn't store messages. Once the are off the server (Road Runner's mail server) you can't see them in your inbox if you either hit refresh or close and open the client.

The iPod's and I assume the iPhone's mail client allows you to save a number (user setting) of messages in the inbox before they are deleted. I find the iPod mail client more convenient and I am wondering if I am missing a setting or if there is a better mail client.

Thanks for reading this post.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I have two problems with the default mail client. One seems to be the problem of the client and one is a Road Runner issue.

Road Runner seems to require that you be on their network before allowing outgoing email. This is, I think, to prevent the spoofing of email. I don't think there is a way around this as I had the same problem with my iPod touch after the newer security was implemented.

The second issue is that the mail client doesn't store messages. Once the are off the server (Road Runner's mail server) you can't see them in your inbox if you either hit refresh or close and open the client.

The iPod's and I assume the iPhone's mail client allows you to save a number (user setting) of messages in the inbox before they are deleted. I find the iPod mail client more convenient and I am wondering if I am missing a setting or if there is a better mail client.

Thanks for reading this post.

I'm not sure about a better email client. The only other suggestion I can offer is to forward your roadrunner email to a gmail account. There are options to allow this on gmail but some other email providers dont offer the needed features to allow this transfer. Thats something you will need to check out on your own, as I never used a roadrunner email account.

You could also just dump the roadrunner email completely and tell everyone to use your new gmail account.

That should fix the sending limitation.

I really think everyone should migrate to gmail. It has so many features that most other providers don't have, or charge you money for. And since gmail is owned by google, you know it should play nice with your Android phones, which are also by them.