Decided to get a Droid =)

purple onyx

Reaction score
Hello! Like many other users, I'm also a BB Storm user that will be getting a Droid when it comes out tomorrow :) I want to get the Droid because of the options it provides and, of course, apps! I actually haven't had too many problems with my Storm, and I'm thankful that I was a bit lucky in that aspect. My husband, on the other hand, hates his storm with a passion, and he's jealous that I'll be getting the Droid tomorrow. He doesn't get his new-every-two until late next year, and I'm eligible for an upgrade (we're on a family plan). If anyone has a workaround with this, please let me know. Otherwise, the salesperson at Verizon suggested to just open up another line on our family share. That way he can buy the phone for the discounted price, and just pay $10/month for the line *shrug*

Aside from that, I'm from Hawaii. I work with computers and security in my regular full-time job, but love spending my time online doing twitter, facebook, and livejournal :icon_eek: Nice to meet you all!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello! Like many other users, I'm also a BB Storm user that will be getting a Droid when it comes out tomorrow :) I want to get the Droid because of the options it provides and, of course, apps! I actually haven't had too many problems with my Storm, and I'm thankful that I was a bit lucky in that aspect. My husband, on the other hand, hates his storm with a passion, and he's jealous that I'll be getting the Droid tomorrow. He doesn't get his new-every-two until late next year, and I'm eligible for an upgrade (we're on a family plan). If anyone has a workaround with this, please let me know. Otherwise, the salesperson at Verizon suggested to just open up another line on our family share. That way he can buy the phone for the discounted price, and just pay $10/month for the line *shrug*

Aside from that, I'm from Hawaii. I work with computers and security in my regular full-time job, but love spending my time online doing twitter, facebook, and livejournal :icon_eek: Nice to meet you all!

Well hello thhere Purple Onyz and :welcome: to the forum. We hope you enjoy your time here!

As far as the work around. the salesman is right. If you popen a new line of service you'll get the discounted price, but you end up paying an extra $240 over two years for the discount now. That's a decision you and your hubby will have to make. Check in with us tomorrow after you gets yours. I'm sure this will be a busy place by late morning ;)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey there purple onyx. Glad to see you aboard. When you get the droid we all know your going to be showing your husband all those AWESOME features you have and when he wants to look at it, you'll be like "PSH! Get your own!" :) I hope you enjoy your stay on the forum, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Were you on Crackberry? Your name seems familiar.

Regardless, like you I am leaving behind a Storm hoping the Droid fills the voids I feel... WHOA!

"Droid fills the Void" I am copywriting that IMMEDIATELY. :)

Oh... welcome!

OP
purple onyx

purple onyx

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

As far as the work around. the salesman is right. If you popen a new line of service you'll get the discounted price, but you end up paying an extra $240 over two years for the discount now. That's a decision you and your hubby will have to make. Check in with us tomorrow after you gets yours. I'm sure this will be a busy place by late morning ;)
I'll definitely check in :) It'll be a busy morning for me as well! After I get the phone, then I have to rush off to work!

I don't know if he's willing to pay for the price over time. We'll see. We have a line we can cancel, so maybe we can cancel that and open the other? Not sure.

Hey there purple onyx. Glad to see you aboard. When you get the droid we all know your going to be showing your husband all those AWESOME features you have and when he wants to look at it, you'll be like "PSH! Get your own!" :) I hope you enjoy your stay on the forum, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
LOL! I'll be a bit nice to him--he'll get to play. . .then maybe he'll get his own!

Were you on Crackberry? Your name seems familiar.
I have visited crackberry, but I haven't posted or anything on there (I think!). I do follow crackberry and other blackberry twitter lists, though.

Regardless, like you I am leaving behind a Storm hoping the Droid fills the voids I feel... WHOA!

"Droid fills the Void" I am copywriting that IMMEDIATELY. :)

Oh... welcome!
LOL! Go for it!