Editor in Chief
- Dec 30, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
If MediaTek can deliver on their recent technology promise, 2016 will be the year of the Deca-core Chipset in mobile. Their just announced Helio X20 will supposedly be a true 10-core mobile chipset, and will also have a number of advanced features beyond the two extra cores.
Here's a breakdown of the Helio X20:
- 20nm manufacturing process
- "Tri-Cluster" architecture which consists of two 2.5GHz Cortex-A72 cores, four 2GHz Cortex-A53 cores and four 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 cores
- Integrated Cortex-M4 hub (for low-power sensors and low-power MP3 playback)
- Dual 12-bit camera processors
- Improved graphics performance yet lower power requirement
- Internal modem
- Carrier Aggregation for the faster Cat 6 LTE
What do you guys think? Can MediaTek really up the ante in the mobile chipset world?