Debloated OEM ROM?

leoingle

Reaction score
Is there just a debloated original ROM? it can be froyo or GB, i dont care. If it was for my phone i wouldnt care, but this is for my friends phone who works out of town for weeks at a time, and he is not tech savvy at all. So I want it to be stable as possible. I cant seem to find one.

OP
L

leoingle

Reaction score
Thanks! I see it has backup assistant ripped out of it. Is there a way to put that back in? What would need to be done to go from .430 to this?

Wall.E

Reaction score
.430?? Or do you mean 340 'froyo'?

There's a way to put certain apk's (blur stuff) into the zip prior to putting on your sd card and flashing.

edit....towards the bottom of the first post in that link (just below the list of removed apk's), there a dl (GB APKS.zip) with all of the removed bloat so that you can pick/choose which one's to put back into the rom prior to flashing.

Last edited:
OP
L

leoingle

Reaction score
.430?? Or do you mean 340 'froyo'?

There's a way to put certain apk's (blur stuff) into the zip prior to putting on your sd card and flashing.

edit....towards the bottom of the first post in that link (just below the list of removed apk's), there a dl (GB APKS.zip) with all of the removed bloat so that you can pick/choose which one's to put back into the rom prior to flashing.

yeah, my bad, i meant .340. So i can just pull out the backupassistant client and add it to the zip file before installing it, i take it. I guess just add it to the /system/app folder?

Also,
what is the 596 TBH Deodexed zip file all about? And what is the Mod3_corp download? What does that do?

Sorry for all the questions, usually i would do my own research, but I am kinda crunched for time on this one. I really appreciate the help from anybody who relays the info to me.

Wall.E

Reaction score
No problem on the questions.....yeah, pull whatever apk's you want and use 7zip (or whatever you like, I use 7zip) to put them into the /system/app folder, before putting the rom zip onto the sd card.

You'll have to be on a fresh copy of 596 deodexed.....if you're on 340 & rooted, use D2 bootstrap and do the 2 part method to get onto rooted 596. Then, using D2 bootstrap again, flash the 596 TBH Deodexed zip. After that boots once, go back and use D2 bootstrap again to flash the GB_596_Mod3 file. The Mod3_corp just allows you to use a corporate e-mail where the other zip doesn't have that included.

Seeing as VZW/Motorola just released their latest version of GB for the DX (.602), I'm sure someone (hopefully) will have a debloated version soon.

Last edited:
OP
L

leoingle

Reaction score
Thanks. So do I need to install both parts at the same time? Or do I need to install part one; boot up, then go back into recovery and install part 2? or does it not matter?

It really doesnt specify.

Wall.E

Reaction score
You MUST install part 1 then install part 2 BEFORE leaving clockwork recovery....it'll say that while it's flashing. But it is important to install both parts in recovery before rebooting.

After rebooting, then you can go back into recovery and flash the deodexed file.

edit....are you the one who posted in rootzwiki for this?? Just checking cause someone else is asking the same info over there...

Last edited:
OP
L

leoingle

Reaction score
You MUST install part 1 then install part 2 BEFORE leaving clockwork recovery....it'll say that while it's flashing. But it is important to install both parts in recovery before rebooting.

After rebooting, then you can go back into recovery and flash the deodexed file.

edit....are you the one who posted in rootzwiki for this?? Just checking cause someone else is asking the same info over there...

yeah, it was me. so disregard it. ok, i wanted to find out for sure. Thanks man, you been a huge help, I really appreciate it. Looks like i have have alot of ROMs to download.

Wall.E

Reaction score
LOL....no problem, glad to help!!! Reply to one of these posts and let me know how it went!