Deaf Bluetooth

Gordroid

Reaction score
I bought this HTC Incredible to solve issues with the Blackberry Storm voice dialing software (junk after the last system upgrade) and was to by the wizards at Verizon that this would fix everything! Ooops! The HTC Incredible DOES NOT SUPPORT BLUETOOTH VOICE DIALING!! The geek at the store tried to show me how can make it work by pressing this and that - even the integral voice dialing requires the caller to press and activation button then when the name comes up press another key to initiate the call! The whole idea is to press the button on my steering wheel and by voice commands place a call without taking my hands off of the steering wheel or my eyes off of the road! This is a safety issue folks - why the giant leap backward??? I was able to do this on my old Motorola Razr flip phone and on the Blackberry until I "upgraded" the software.
The store rumor is that Droid System 2.2 will address this and "fix" it due out before the end of the year...rumor 2 is that this system upgrade is due out in weeks...factoid 3 from Verizon Tech: no word on when System 2.2 will come out and no word on what is will address!! NOW WHAT? Any ideas or is it back to the Blackberry??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought this HTC Incredible to solve issues with the Blackberry Storm voice dialing software (junk after the last system upgrade) and was to by the wizards at Verizon that this would fix everything! Ooops! The HTC Incredible DOES NOT SUPPORT BLUETOOTH VOICE DIALING!! The geek at the store tried to show me how can make it work by pressing this and that - even the integral voice dialing requires the caller to press and activation button then when the name comes up press another key to initiate the call! The whole idea is to press the button on my steering wheel and by voice commands place a call without taking my hands off of the steering wheel or my eyes off of the road! This is a safety issue folks - why the giant leap backward??? I was able to do this on my old Motorola Razr flip phone and on the Blackberry until I "upgraded" the software.
The store rumor is that Droid System 2.2 will address this and "fix" it due out before the end of the year...rumor 2 is that this system upgrade is due out in weeks...factoid 3 from Verizon Tech: no word on when System 2.2 will come out and no word on what is will address!! NOW WHAT? Any ideas or is it back to the Blackberry??

I think it's back to Blackberry for you.

JUST KIDDING

Froyo (2.2) comes with voice dialing over bluetooth. Those of us who have the Droid already have it and you may soon if they make a copy of Froyo available for the Incredible.

OP
G

Gordroid

Reaction score
Does this feature come on the Motorola Droid or is it something that I must "hack into" the unit, or is it a feature that is included in the new 2.2 software??

zMd113

Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does this feature come on the Motorola Droid or is it something that I must "hack into" the unit, or is it a feature that is included in the new 2.2 software??

It will come with 2.2. No hacking necessary,