Dead screen, I imagine...

lexxon

Reaction score
I'm in Boston stealing a dorm from the girlfriend preparing for PAX East tomorrow thru Sunday, and my Droid's screen seems to have **** the bed. Suddenly when I unlock the screen, I can see the backlight, the touch commands function (I can swipe to unlock/take a call) but there's absolutely zero picture.

Is this a tell-tale sign of a dead screen? My warranty ran out in January (figures), and with no insurance it looks like I'm pretty much screwed. I may be able to steal an upgrade from the family plan (Primary line seems to have picked up the early upgrade) or just buy a used Droid until the dual-core phones start showing up, but not having a phone for this weekend will royally suck, as I use it for GPS, twitter updates for the event, blah blah blah...so I may have to consider biting the bullet on the upgrade to an Incredible, Droid 2, etc..

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, it sounds like your screen gave up. Did it fall?

Anyways, if it were me, I'd probably try to look for a good used one from eBay or maybe look at the Incredible (ouch that hurts), as even though I am a HUGE batwings fan, I am NOT wanting to go backwards to a Moto phone with a locked bootloader.

good luck