Dead screen - can I hard reset still?

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 and it seems like the backlight is out on the screen. I can sort of hold it at an angle and see that it's displaying something, but I can't see much. I'm trying to factory reset to see if that fixes it, but I don't know the exact button presses to do it. Is there a physical reset button or can someone list the exact button presses to reset? The screen may just be dead in the water, but I'm trying everything.

pressguy27

Reaction score
You can boot into stock recovery by holding down power button and x on the phycial keyboard then hit up and down on the volume rocker. I hope it still lights up enough to see. I don't think it will help, sounds more like a hardware issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7-GB

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
You can boot into stock recovery by holding down power button and x on the phycial keyboard then hit up and down on the volume rocker. I hope it still lights up enough to see. I don't think it will help, sounds more like a hardware issue.

Yeah, I can get to the recovery menu, but I can't see the choices. I think the screen is dead, but I just wanted to try a factory reset before giving up.

pressguy27

Reaction score
well factory reset is the 3rd option down on the recovery menu if that helps but if you cant see anything I guess it really doesn't matter.

lizard

Reaction score
Pull battery. Put back in ans turn phone on while holding down x on the physical keyboard. Give it a good 60 seconds to get to the android with the triangle screen. Then you hit search key on physical keyboard. Menu should pop right up even though you may not see it. Volume rocker down two clicks. Press camera button. Give it a couple minutes to do its thing. Volume back up two clicks to reboot phone. Or I guess you could pull battery but I wouldn't want to accidently do it in the middle of the wiping process.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Pull battery. Put back in ans turn phone on while holding down x on the physical keyboard. Give it a good 60 seconds to get to the android with the triangle screen. Then you hit search key on physical keyboard. Menu should pop right up even though you may not see it. Volume rocker down two clicks. Press camera button. Give it a couple minutes to do its thing. Volume back up two clicks to reboot phone. Or I guess you could pull battery but I wouldn't want to accidently do it in the middle of the wiping process.

When I go down two and click, do I have to confirm with another click? I saw on some videos that you have to go to "Yes" and confirm the wipe.

lizard

Reaction score
Crap! Your right. I don't know how many clicks either. I just tried to reboot into stock recovery to check for you but my phone got stuck at the triangle for some reason and I'm afraid to try it again. I don't want to get stuck at work all night with kids at home and a broke phone.

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Crap! Your right. I don't know how many clicks either. I just tried to reboot into stock recovery to check for you but my phone got stuck at the triangle for some reason and I'm afraid to try it again. I don't want to get stuck at work all night with kids at home and a broke phone.

Haha, no worries. I appreciate the help.