Dead Droid - now what?

urklegrue

Reaction score
I dropped it and it won't turn on. The LED is flashing, the volume rocker works, but the screen shows nothing.

I was waiting for the Bionic to come out, or at least the Thunderbolt, but I need a phone now. What should I do? :(

Yes, pulled the battery, replaced the battery with the spare, too, but still nothing.

It is taunting me with the "DROOOID" sound but I can't see anything. I am so upset. I love this thing.

If I get a phone from Best Buy, I have 30 days to return it if the Thunderbolt comes out, correct?

I have seen threads of people describing taking the phone apart and re-seating a loose connector, so I figured if you see no physical damage, there is a chance the connector just loosened.

I haven't taken mine apart, sorry.
;)
I'll look around, see what I can find.

Wait, what model?

[video=youtube;dE81IaQHEHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE81IaQHEHc[/video]

Behind the screen is a flat wide cord-like cable behind the screen. Maybe GENTLY rummage around with a credit card. Very gently. You can easily break the connector which transfers the image to the screen.

Other than that, Why don't you buy a fascinate or X or another Droid and return it in 29 days and try to get your Bionic? (Not sure of official day it's available).

I loved my Droid, but I'm really happier with my new phone (Fascinate).

Behind the screen is a flat wide cord-like cable behind the screen. Maybe GENTLY rummage around with a credit card. Very gently. You can easily break the connector which transfers the image to the screen.

Other than that, Why don't you buy a fascinate or X or another Droid and return it in 29 days and try to get your Bionic? (Not sure of official day it's available).

just an FYI verizon no longer has a 30 day return policy.... its now 14 days.

just an FYI verizon no longer has a 30 day return policy.... its now 14 days.

Oh, thanks for letting me know that! I did go to Best Buy and I can't do my early upgrade there. So with this information on the return policy I guess I am taking my sister's old Blackberry Storm (shudder) until I can get the Thunderbolt.

Man, I am so bummed about this.

I have seen threads of people describing taking the phone apart and re-seating a loose connector, so I figured if you see no physical damage, there is a chance the connector just loosened.

I haven't taken mine apart, sorry.
;)
I'll look around, see what I can find.

Wait, what model?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE81IaQHEHc

Oh and thanks for this video. I might as well try it. Nothing to lose.

Back