daveo6952

daveo6952

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just purchased a new droid (my first) and it replaced an old palm. My palm had a desktop that I use a lot for my contacts etc. does the droid have a desktop app like my palm? How do I sync it with my PC. I think the phone is smarter than its user:D I am having a difficult time getting use to this device. I have never particiopate with a forum. How do you ask questions. Boy do I need some friends. I am a nurse (RN) and not very computer savy.
Thank Dave L RN

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you with us. As far as asking questions you can post them here on this thread or start a new thread in one of our many subforums. To see the subforums just click the "forum" tab on the home page and another page full of subfourms will appear. As far as your question so sync the phone with the computer you can use the usb cable that came with the device and plug that into the computer or I believe there is an app called "doubletwist" that will allow you to sync info between the computer and the device. I hope this can help out and if you have any further questions just ask. You can also shoot me a PM if you need help. Its a great community here waiting for you to discover it.

Also when you attach the device to the computer there should be an option in your pull down list that allows you to select the mode the phone is in (charge only, usb mass storage, etc...) just make sure the phone is in usb mass stoage mode

Sent from my Liberated D2

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. many useful information here. we just ask if u place them in the appropriate area. but the community is always here to assist u with any questions or concerns u may have.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the Forum!

There are lots of great people with great info here. I am sure you can find what you need!