Data Saver

cece5702

Reaction score
Does anyone use the Data Saver feature on the Droid X? Its located in the settings under Battery & Data Manager? I'm wondering should I turn on to save data and if I do what are the benefits of doing so?

Beka27

Reaction score
It's not necessary since we all have unlimited data plans. Not that I think about it, I don't remember seeing that option before, altho I might have missed it. I'm wondering if that might be a new feature they are including now that tiered data is on the horizon.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Oh okay! Yeah I dont remember seeing it before either. Thanks:)
It's not necessary since we all have unlimited data plans. Not that I think about it, I don't remember seeing that option before, altho I might have missed it. I'm wondering if that might be a new feature they are including now that tiered data is on the horizon.

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
lol this is the opposite of what i do
ever since the tethering scare i use AS much data as possible, no more wifi for me on my phone
i never actually did use a tethering app before (campus has wifi EVERYWHERE, so it was unnecessary)
but what exactly does this data saver do, for future reference

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Blocks background data for the market, facebook, gmail and file dl i believe until one is on wifi. Screw that though. I'm on unlimited and I've already gone through at least 17 GB of data in 10 days (netflix, youtube etc...) so data saver is not an option for me

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
Blocks background data for the market, facebook, gmail and file dl i believe until one is on wifi. Screw that though. I'm on unlimited and I've already gone through at least 17 GB of data in 10 days (netflix, youtube etc...) so data saver is not an option for me

wow my friend, you need to invest in...in something.
how can you watch that much netflix and youtube on that screen? okay ill be honest, when i get to class early (depending on traffic) ill hook the car dock up and the plug it in to the speakers in the car to watch something (watched some terminator last week and southpark today) but my lord! 17GB? holy crap

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm exaggerating a touch but i dont have a tv and used to live in a zen Monastery so this is my first experience with netflix. Kinda got hooked. Haha im sure it will wear off. Plus, i dont have wifi and my phone is the only connection i have to the Internet. Data adds up without wifi. Dl themes, roms etc.. You get the picture
I think you'll find that there are some heavy using droid users around here. I know guys on these forums that use waaaay more than that.
Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

Last edited: