Data manager app

PaulC

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times but searches seem fruitless because of the generic search terms. The situation, I need the phone alive at night for calls and text for work purposes but don't need the email sync beeping me awake at 3 in the morning. The built in battery saver app doesn't work since I charge at night. Airplane mode would shut down all communications. I would also like to change the end times for email sync on weekends. So I'm looking for suggestions, preferably simple and free. I haven't rooted and don't plan to.

MNDuke

Reaction score
What about turning the sync off through the Power Control Widget?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been asked a thousand times but searches seem fruitless because of the generic search terms. The situation, I need the phone alive at night for calls and text for work purposes but don't need the email sync beeping me awake at 3 in the morning. The built in battery saver app doesn't work since I charge at night. Airplane mode would shut down all communications. I would also like to change the end times for email sync on weekends. So I'm looking for suggestions, preferably simple and free. I haven't rooted and don't plan to.

I would think that Juice Defender might be able to do what you want...might have to pop for the paid add-on, but not sure.

Or Night Dock might do it...in the market.

OP
P

PaulC

Reaction score
MNDuke, could you be more specific about finding the power control widget and the settings. All I can find is battery manager, battery mode, and choose a performance mode. Those settings don't seem to work even when I'm not charging as I get email alerts when not charging during the night.

Thanks for the leads Redflea. Night Dock doesn't work but perhaps because It's not docked, just plugged into the charger. Unfortunate because it's simply what I need. Juice Defender might do what I need with the Ultimate (paid) app but it's way more than what I need. Kind of screwed because if I turn off the notifications ringtone I loose my text notification. I thinks the Droid OS thought of everything except this. Might have to pony up for Juice Defender Ultimate since one night wouldn't be a decent test.

MNDuke

Reaction score
Power Control Widget
-Long hold on an empty spot on the screen to bring up the "Add to Home Screen" menu, then select
- Widgets
- Power Control

The 2nd button from the right will stop your data sync

OP
P

PaulC

Reaction score
Thanks MNDuke, I'll give it a try.