data encryption newbie

droidforumsusername

Reaction score
very new to android. I want to secure thousands of individual documents on my phone. I would be ok with storing on phone password protected and having wipe capability but I don't seem to be able to create a directory or find a directory on the phone that I can store documents. SD card encryption programs seem to encrypt individual files and given the number of files I need folder level encryption. I can't believe there is not a solution. Am I slow or is there not a solution available.

OP
D

droidforumsusername

Reaction score
139 views/ no comments

139 views and no comments. Is this because no one knows or no one particularly cares. Doesn't anyone need to encrypt multiple large files? I would not be bugging you all but I don't seem to be able to solve this with the Google.

erikfig

Reaction score
I need the same thing but unfortunately Android developers still developing a solution for this matter. That's why Blackberry Device still the preferred device in an enterprise environment.

OP
D

droidforumsusername

Reaction score
so, the answer for now is there is no way to store docs on the phone? Why can't we have an app that can create a password protected file? Don't the app makers have access to the file system on the phone?

erikfig

Reaction score
You can store documents on your sd card as you wants, the issue is that there is not app at the moment to encrypt the hole sd card. And no Developers don't have access to your document on your sd.

OP
D

droidforumsusername

Reaction score
You can store documents on your sd card as you wants, the issue is that there is not app at the moment to encrypt the hole sd card. And no Developers don't have access to your document on your sd.

I meant, can't an app create a file on the phone which can hold documents and be password protected by the phone.