Data drop problem solved?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
well i think i figured out why the data drops are happening an this is just my theory the current lte band on the bionic is LTE band 13 but the current LTE band on the 4G network is LTE band 14 if u dont believe me download dhackers ICS an check the LTE status when u do the network switch so my question is why hasnt moto noticed this? i also have the Droid 4 an the LTE band on it is 14 not 13 with a prl of 15098 where the bionic is lte band 13 not 14 with a prl of 15088 any body have any thoughts on this?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Here's the fact sheet of the bionic, it does have a band listed as 13 but, it's hard to believe that this is the cause of the data drops.

I mean Motorola and Verizon had to sign off on this device before it hits the stores. Also, I'm one of the few that hasn't had data drop issues, except when Verizon's network has hiccups.

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact-Sheets/The-New-DROID-BIONIC-Coming-Soon-353a.aspx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Scribble

Reaction score
I don't understand this stuff, but is it soemthing that can be fixed with a software patch, or is it a hardware thing?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't understand this stuff, but is it soemthing that can be fixed with a software patch, or is it a hardware thing?

That depends on the hardware but, I tend to agree with you.

I'm interested in the documentation of the system updates to the Bionic, to compare against the original factsheet.

I looked at specs for the Rezound, Razr, RazrMaxx Bionic and Droid4; on all specs they are listed with LTE 700 B13 or B13 700 or 700 band 13. Basically specs are all the same.

Last edited:

bufordpisser

Reaction score
And they are all having data drops.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And not everyone is having data problems. For example, I've had my Bionic since September and it never had the data problems others had.

bufordpisser

Reaction score
I have had an occasional data drop problem. But then again everyone else in the house has to. And we have Moto, Pantech, HTC, and Samsung. I still think that the datadrop issue is 95% network, and only 5% phone. All 4G networks are having growing pains. My personal belief is that many on here blow these things way out of proportion and create many of their own issues. Notice how many of the other issue threads have dropped off. I wish they would fix things faster, but I have patience. And on January I have three upgrades. So three new phones will all of their problems are in my future. I love it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder on how many data problems would disappear (or appear) if we could stand "shoulder to shoulder." I mean, 4G is fantastic at my parents house, but would your phone do as well? Maybe yes, maybe no.

Location aside, some people's phones are getting a connection approval easier from the carrier, or are able to make a request quicker if it fails.

bigtex52

Reaction score
I have never had the data drops on 4G ( unless the whole 4G network went down), and I was always on LTE band 13. It would be nice if the fix was that easy, but probably not.

dags5000

Reaction score
I have never had the data drops on 4G ( unless the whole 4G network went down), and I was always on LTE band 13. It would be nice if the fix was that easy, but probably not.

I agree. These are just random things you found that are different on the bionic. Other than the fact there is this difference there is zero evidence, zero understanding of what these numbers mean and no explanation as to why this would cause problems for just a select group of people. A theory requires some kind of empirical evidence and/or explanations as to why something occurs. Dictating a theory based on arbitrary observations holds no merit.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have a bad theory. That those that are complaining of the data drops, are getting the same bad phones that were returned over and over again.

It could be a combination of bad phones and/or bad 4G LTE SIM cards.

km75

Reaction score
What data drop problem?I hardly ever get data drops. The only place I get data drops consistently is at my girlfriends house. Absolutely no where else. And after the .901-.902 update the 3/g-4/g switch is excellent.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

gobi42

Reaction score
So if I think it's a carrier thing than why has both of my sisters bionics had data issues but I only have data issues at home low service area. However I to have a theory. My theory is that it's something in the kernel concerning motor battery and data manger cause every time I was having issues I get a triangle I. The notification menu says data roaming disabled if I get that I got to restart my phone. So to summarize I have a feeling it's something it the code that hands the radio signal off to the data delivery. I've only had issues going from wifi to 3g or just being on 3g due to we have no 4g around here

JRParsons

Reaction score
I have a bad theory. That those that are complaining of the data drops, are getting the same bad phones that were returned over and over again.

It could be a combination of bad phones and/or bad 4G LTE SIM cards.

As a former bionic user, I think this is probably the case, there were probably a large number of faulty Bionics that were returned, only to be shipped out to other people. I had a Thunderbolt replaced with a Bionic, no data, had the Bionic replaced with a Stratosphere, screen was detached, had that replaced with another Stratosphere, would not make a phone call, had that replaced with a third Stratosphere, finally had a phone that worked. Bought my wife an iphone and took her Thunderbolt, because all of the replacement phones I got were poor. (the working Stratosphere was just too underpowered)
I'm not sure what Verizon does with the CLN replacements, but I'm pretty sure fixing and testing them is not on the list.
I think the only time you get a non defective phone is when, by the luck of the draw, you get one either "out of the box" or one that was returned inside the 14 days for personal reasons. Otherwise you are just handed someone else's problem.
I have a good friend with a Bionic, he loves it, I've used it and it works great, my experience with my Bionic was frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.