Dash Cam

Deadlykris

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good app to use as a dashcam for my Droid 3. I tried Dailyroads Explorer, and while it seemed to work while it was recording, the video quality was unusable.

I recently tried it again based on information that an Android update may make it work better, and also because the app has been updated since I last used it. However, the app's recorded video quality is still unusable.

CaptainQuack

Reaction score
Avoid Auto Guard. it worked great in the free. bought the paid version. nice and solid. got an update and went to crap right away. said it wouldn't connect to the camera while showing the preview image. sent all kinds of data reports using the built in system. never heard back. posted negative review on play. never heard back.

I've been playing with DailyRoad Voyager and that's being a bit flaky but I haven't nailed it down. I am kinda thinking it might be changing the default storage to the external 16 gig SD card. also sometimes the video does that horrid green fragmented thing. not useful.

now if someone could do something like Waze with a nice simple camera record or even a simple recorder without all the social network stuff that would be choice

OP
D

Deadlykris

Reaction score
Avoid Auto Guard. it worked great in the free. bought the paid version. nice and solid. got an update and went to crap right away. said it wouldn't connect to the camera while showing the preview image. sent all kinds of data reports using the built in system. never heard back. posted negative review on play. never heard back.

I actually tried out AutoGuard a few weeks ago, and it works great. I did get problems with the new version, but the developer was kind enough to send me 4 different old versions since he couldn't pin down the problem with the new version on the Droid 3. As of the last time I tried, DailyRoads Voyager is still unusable, and quite frankly AutoGuard has some neat features that will be useful in the case of an actual emergency, and so far it's captured two near-accidents, which is two more than I would like to have had.

Not sure why you didn't get a response back from your reports, I got rather immediate responses, within 24 hours.