Dark Edge for Sapphire!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know why when I MM Handcent it disappears? As in from my phone.... have to reinstall from Market.

I did lose GV and had to redownload for some reason... after MM as well.

Anyone having issues with Auto Brightness? I am big time. Keeps sitting at the darkest setting. I can barely see my screen.
I gotta fix this one or I can't use this :(

One more.... can someone tell me how to change either the background or font color for when I try to select a folderorganizer shortcut. I can't use my new icons cuz I can't read the list! This one is gonna be a bust for me too... if I can't set all the sharp looking Kovicon DE icons the whole DE theme just isn't the same for me :( Plus I use FO for all my custom icons.....

Last edited:
OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know when I MM Handcent it disappears? As in from my phone.... have to reinstall from Market.

Even if I try to simply change the icon using FolderOrganizer it won't show the new icon when selecting a shortcut but does in the folderorganizer app itself.

Same for Quick Settings. Everything else works...

Although I did lose GV and had to redownload for some reason

Anyone having issues with Auto Brightness? I am big time. Keeps sitting at the darkest setting. I can barely see my screen.
Gotta fix this one or I can't use this :(

did you use the FWT from the dark edge team? if so it put said apps in Sytem/app thats where MM looks for them. so if you did and the MM all you need to do after is a simple Reboot the market will show some apps not installed cause they arent where they are supposed to be. dont install or update the apks or you will lose the themeing of them. but you can always update the move to system and reapply the MM. with the exception of Google voice as it has got a major update and the MM will break the apk. hope this helps!

-edit
take it off auto brightness and keep it on the middle setting

velocity92c

Reaction score
Found another bug. Long pressing in hadcent to copy/paste/etc, the text and menu are both black so you can't see what you're doing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks bgill. I was editing the post because I was finding solutions to things as I was writing them....

Auto-brightness... I can work around that.

Any solution for my issue with Folder Organizer? (w/ the DE theme, the list of items for shortcuts is black text on black background... so I can use any of the Kovicon icons!

So do I or don't I want to run FwT?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Martin a csouple things. Reload the power control widget and adjust the brightness a couple of times. Cycle through the settings and it will take.

As far as the icons go here's how to do that. Open folder organizer click on top link "apps" tab. Select the arrow next to the app you want to change and select icons.

After you choose the icons for all your apps long press on the screen choose folder organizer item. The very top one is apps. It will be BoB but its there. Select it scroll down to whatever app you want on your homescreen and your done. Continue setting up homescreen.

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
CK, gonna give it a shot.

One more.... I forgot how to get the text in Handcent to not be white on white when typing....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Martin a csouple things. Reload the power control widget and adjust the brightness a couple of times. Cycle through the settings and it will take.

As far as the icons go here's how to do that. Open folder organizer click on top link "apps" tab. Select the arrow next to the app you want to change and select icons.

After you choose the icons for all your apps long press on the screen choose folder organizer item. The very top one is apps. It will be BoB but its there. Select it scroll down to whatever app you want on your homescreen and your done. Continue setting up homescreen.

Sent from my Droid
I know how to set the shortcut... but the list is BOB and I can't read it at all.

shocka2430

Reaction score
you got to theme it bud. That's to fix handcent. Theme it after you move it with dark edge tools. Then reboot

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Sent from my Droid
I know how to set the shortcut... but the list is BOB and I can't read it at all.
so after you choose "apps" the "choose item" list in Folder Organizer is BoB?

I'm not having that problem. My "choose item" list is white text

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ChompSMS>Handsent by the way

oh and fixed Pandora!

snap20100727163010.png

snap20100727163014.png

snap20100727163104.png

snap20100727163108.png

Syraz

Reaction score
CK, gonna give it a shot.

One more.... I forgot how to get the text in Handcent to not be white on white when typing....

Post #123 has my write up for how to fix that step by step also was put in post#2 cause was so helpful

Ficarra

Reaction score
Is there a 24 hour clock fix for this port? Setting clock to 24 hour display mode leaves the last digits cut off in the notification bar up top. The 24 hr MM fix for stock 2.2 DE does not work. Makes for some weird symbols in the notification bar and stuff.

I did a quick search, and nothing came up.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there a 24 hour clock fix for this port? Setting clock to 24 hour display mode leaves the last digits cut off in the notification bar up top. The 24 hr MM fix for stock 2.2 DE does not work. Makes for some weird symbols in the notification bar and stuff.

I did a quick search, and nothing came up.

not at the moment I will have to port the fix I hope you can live without it for a bit sorry