GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Dark Android Red for Liberty 1.0

Dark Android Red is a very detailed dark theme with red highlights for Liberty 1.0.

The following system apps are themed in this version:
  1. Google Search Box
  2. Contacts
  3. Dialer
  4. News Widget
  5. Settings
  6. Power Widget
  7. Browser
  8. Gingerbread Keyboard
  9. MotoTorch Widget
  10. Ringer Widget
  11. Google Voice (Installed to system)

RDLib1.jpg
RDLib2.jpg

RDLib3.jpg
RDLib4.jpg
RDLib5.jpg

RDLib6.jpg
RDLib7.jpg
RDLib8.jpg

RDLib9.jpg
RDLib10.jpg

If you would like to see Dark Android ported to another ROM, I gladly accept requests and I will see if I or someone else can do so in a reasonable amount of time. If you would like to test or help in development, please email me at [email protected].

As always, I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone and all mods, including this theme and all others, have the possibility of damaging your phone. I will do my best to support my theme and assist with any errors that may be caused by this theme. Please read all instructions and entire thread before installing. Important information can be within the thread in user posts. Please remember that I do this as a hobby after my full time job so please allow adequate time for me to respond to a question or issue.

To install Dark Android, download the package and follow the below instructions:
You should always backup your system before installing any ROM or theme.
  • Copy DarkAndroid.zip to your sdcard
  • Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Choose zip
  • Browse and select zip
  • Install zip
  • When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  • Reboot phone

There is also a goodies pack that contains lots of icons, wallpapers, LP docks, and alternate fonts. To use the extra content in the goodies pack, download them into a folder on your sdcard.
  • The goodies pack should be extracted onto you sdcard
  • The icons can be applied using Launcher Pro, Desktop Visualizer, Folder Organizer, or one of the many other choices for icon customization.
  • The docks can be used with Launcher Pro.
  • The fonts are in flashable zips so once extracted, they can be flashed.
  • Of course, the wallpapers are applied the normal way using the gallery selection or other tool.

For more information about how to use Launcher Pro to modify your dock and icons, check out their user guide here.

Download Links
Dark Android Red for Liberty 1.0

Extras
Red Themed Launcher Pro 0.8.3
Black/White Swype Keyboard
Goodies Pack
Widget Locker Wallpapers

If you like my work and want to help me continue my work... please donate.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
These all look amazing. As does all your work. Any way you would consider Porting these to Darkslide? I've asked others in the past and none consider. I'm just wondering why. And DS looks amazing as is for me. But I know it's some peoples only complaint. Variety is always nice. BTW, nice job on the GB keyboard ;)

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
DarkSlide has an excellent theme as is like you said and that makes it hard to justify the time required to maintain a theme for it I think. I've had a few requests to port it, but I just have not had time to do it. Between TranQ, Liberty, Gummy, and RubiX, I'm busy.

I wouldn't mind finding someone to help me with some of it so I could do some more ROMs and stock, but everyone else has their own thing going.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well man I have more than enough time to help and learn. But I also need someone willing to teach me. A full break down and step by step on what to do. Everything I learn I seem to do the most with it. But all of it is new to me on themes and editing xml and files.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Well man I have more than enough time to help and learn. But I also need someone willing to teach me. A full break down and step by step on what to do. Everything I learn I seem to do the most with it. But all of it is new to me on themes and editing xml and files.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Email me. Let me know what you have done and what you have setup (android sdk, apk manager, etc...). I don't mind teaching someone if they are interested and not afraid to try something new. What I do for these theme is relatively straight forward once the tools are in place.

bluskyline21

Reaction score
Hey great stuff! Question...is there anyway to NOT have ALL of my LED notifications show RED?? I prefer the entire RGB spectrum..thx

*edit* wow..okay. It seemed my phone was severely lagging my LED colors..n/m.

**edit** OK sorry lol...yeah, how can I change my email notification LED BACK to green? It's Hotmail, so from what I've read, certain apps won't work to change it (like with K9 or Gmail). Thank you

Last edited: